It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
(female)

candyo HB User
Unhappy 9mm non-calcified nodule with irregular edges.

Like a lot of people on here, my nodule was found by accident during a Heart Scan. I'm pretty worried. I'm having a CT Guided Lung Biopsy at the Piper Cancer Institute in Minneapolis on 3/26. I sure wish I didn't have to wait. The more I read these boards and the more I read up on lung nodules, the more scared I get. How do y'all get through the wait?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
(female)

Just Dreaming HB User
Re: 9mm non-calcified nodule with irregular edges.

Hi Candy, When your feeling up to it can you let us know how your test turned out. Thank You

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2012, 08:28 AM   #3
(female)

candyo HB User
Smile Re: 9mm non-calcified nodule with irregular edges.

Hi. I had the biopsy and it was more painful than I expected. I had a small air leak so that added to the pain. Now I'm in the 'wait' mode. I was told it would be 24 to 48 hours and that my personal physician would be calling me. I sure hope she's in town this week! I'll post the results when I get them. Wish me luck.

The following user gives a hug of support to candyo:
Just Dreaming (03-27-2012)
Old 03-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #4
(female)

candyo HB User

Update. Results say "can't rule out malignancy, not infection." I'm being referred to the Virginia Piper Cancer Institute, Lung Program. I'm not giving up until I know EXACTLY what the nodule is! I know how dangerous lung cancer is.

Old 03-27-2012, 07:55 PM   #5
(female)

Just Dreaming HB User

Hi, It's very upsetting when you get those kind of answers. I'm sorry you have to go thru this waiting. I went thru the same thing. I had the bronchoscope done only to be told it was inclusive. I can't understand how a biopsy cannot tell you if it's malignant or not. Try to hang in there. I know it's very hard. Hoping everything will turn out all good. Take Care. Hugs

Old 03-28-2012, 07:45 PM   #6
(female)

candyo HB User

Thanks for the thoughts and hugs. I needed that. I now have an appointment at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN on 4/11/12. I'll be bringing my biopsy slides and all imaging CD/DVD and reports. This MD specializes in lung cancer so maybe he'll be able to help me out. Thanks again!

Closed Thread

Tags
cancer, lung cancer, lung nodules