It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2012, 06:22 AM   #1
(male)

Tg782 HB User
Asking an opinion

Ok, i guess ill lay it all out here. I used to smoke a pack a day for 10 years. I quit 5 years ago cold turkey. I occasionally have a cigar. I do have GERD and am taking prilosec for it. I also do have anxiety that i am treating with xanax. I only have an attack maybe once a month. I have been having these odd pains, well not really pains but noticable aches at the base of my ribs. It is more noticable when i am sitting at my chair at work. I am deathly afraid of getting a diagnosis that i have cancer. My breathing is not labored, im not constantly coughing. In fact im not really coughing at all. I dont have any blood in my spit either. I went recently to the er for stomach pains and they took an xray of my stomach and they didnt say anything showed up. I am terrified of needles and also terrified of getting an answer that i am terminal. I am a worry wort and not sure what to do. My wifes grandmother died of lung cancer so if i even think of bringing this up to her would start WW3. does anyone have any advice they can give me? I hope this is just not manifesting itself in my head. Im a firefighter and ive been in many a situation with my air pack on. I never have any trouble breathing in it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2012, 05:25 PM   #2
(male)

Tg782 HB User
Re: Asking an opinion

I guess people think im either a troll. Or just dont care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2012, 05:33 PM   #3
(female)

Jacy56 HB UserJacy56 HB User

The only pains below the ribs that I am familiar with are intestinal spasms on the left side at the bottom of the ribs. When I had pain under the right side it turned out to be gallbladder not functioning. Maybe no one has responded because they don't know what it is. Could it be associated with gerd?

Old 05-30-2012, 04:42 PM   #4
(female)

Rebelfan HB User

Hello. I'm new to this site and basically joined to see what help I could give my mother. She does have Stage IV NSCLC with mets to brain, bone and adrenal glands. Mother quit smoking cold turkey in 2007 after smoking for 50 years. She had absolutely no symptoms. She had an x-ray taken of her back for osteoporsis and they found a spot on her lung. This was in 2009. She's alive today and still fighting. If I thought I had lung cancer, I would ask for a chest x-ray. If you're instincts tell you something is amiss, listen to them, ask for an x-ray. The earlier lung cancer is caught the better the prognosis. This is just my opinion. Good luck, I hope it's nothing.

Closed Thread