It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
(male)

rball323 HB User
Unhappy lingular infiltrate? - worried beyond belief

I'm 42 and a former smoker (quit 8 weeks ago). As part of a routine physical I had an abnormal EKG which prompted a chest xray. The chest xray showed a "questionable infiltrate". The doctor had me repeat the chest xray today and stated that there was no change to the xray. He described it as a "lingular infiltrate" obscuring the left border of the heart. I've looked endless online as to what this could be. He mentioned pneumonia initially but have absolutely no symptoms (one minor nightsweat last night....which could just be stress related at this point).

Does lung cancer generally present as a "lingular infiltrate"? From I saw online most lung cancers present as nodules or mass but some can present as an infiltrate. I think what worries me the most is the absence of symptoms. I think if I had actual symptoms of pneumonia I might actually feel better about it.

The doctor is having the radiologist read the second x ray tomorrow. I'm guess a CT scan is in my future.

If anyone has had any experience with "lingular infiltrates" I would love to hear about it (good or bad).

Closed Thread