HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Cancer: Lung (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/cancer-lung/)
-   -   ct scan on neck and chest ! (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/cancer-lung/948294-ct-scan-neck-chest.html)

Moe1984 05-01-2013 10:35 PM

ct scan on neck and chest !

Hi guys , u do a great job here , im 29 m smoker I had a ct scan on my neck and chest yesterday and got the result today , i really cant understand whats written on the report well !! Is it cancer :( please help me understand it , thanks 
1 : neck findings - 
At the site of the marker applied at the left aspect of the neck revealed no underlying patholoogical swellings . 
A: Normal ct appearance of both valeculae , pyriform fossae and aryepigolottic folds. Patent nasopharyngeal and oro-pharyngeal air column. 
B: No abnormal soft tissue masses seen. 
C: Few bilateral deep cervical as well as bilateral submandibuler lymph nodes are noted , the largest seen at the right submandibular region measuring 15mm. 
D: Normal ct appearance of the parotid and submandibular salivary glands. 
E: Normal appearance of the thyroid gland. 
F: Normal appearancw or the carotid sheath and its contents. 
Opinion : unremarkable CT study of the neck. 
Im concerned about point ( C ) 

Heres my CT chest scan report : 
2: chest finding : 
A: clear both lungs fields and costo-diaphragmatic recesses , no pulmonary masses , nodules , cavitation or bronchiectatic changes seen . 
B: no pleural or pericardial sac collection. 
C: few small retrocaval and pervascular lymph nodes are noted , however no CT evidence of pathologically enlarged hilar or mediastinal lymph nodes . 
D: normal CT appearance of the heart and great vessels. 
E: CT sections of the upper abdomen are unremarkable 
Opinion : Unremarkable CT study of the chest . 
Im concerned about point ( C ) as well 
What do u think guys ?! Do i have serious issues ?! Please help me .. Thanks

ladybud 05-01-2013 11:08 PM

Re: ct scan on neck and chest !

There is no evidence of cancer, but you really cannot diagnose cancer by a CT scan. It requires a biopsy of tissue. The one lymph node on the right under the chin (submandibular) is mildly enlarged. It is 15 mm (1.5 cm) and normal nodes are under 1.0 cm. There are many reasons a lymph node can be enlarged, most often related to an infection. In this location, something like a tooth abcess could cause it. The size of lymph nodes in chest is not specified, but normally anything larger than one cm would be measured and reported as to size, so I would assume those are normal. In general, when a node is enlarged, an attempt is made to correlate it with symptoms and come up with possible explanations. If a node remains enlarged for over a month, with no explanation, it is investigated further, sometimes removed for biopsy. I hope that helps until you get feedback from your Dr.

Moe1984 05-02-2013 11:28 AM

Re: ct scan on neck and chest !

Ladubud , thank u so much for ur reply . I.visited my ENT dr andsaid nothing to worry about and the lymph in the neck will heal soon and no worries !
I counsalted him about my chest CT scan and he said nothing to worry about ( so far ) and i MUST QUIT smoking ....
So my lymph node in neck will heal and in lungs as well as he said its a side effect of smoking heavy for several years !
Now im faceing hard time quiting smoking and tries to quit but its reallllllly hard :(

Im going to see another dr within the next few days to ask him about my chest ct

Btw i did a CBC , liver and kidny function 2 days be4 the ct scan and came back all fine and within the normal ranges !
Dont u think if i have something i'll be showing abnormal results ?!

Thanksssss again :) u were a great help