It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Lung Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2013, 10:49 AM   #1
(female)

Purple7905 HB User
Scared but hopeful!

Had a CT back in March for other problems! That CT found a nodule on my lung that recommended routine follow-up CT's. So I have been a little freaked out waiting on my next CT. I am a former smoker ( I quit as soon as I found out I had a nodule on my lung ). Fast forward to July and I just recently received the results of my recent follow-up CT... Radiology Report reads:

"1.5 cm noncalcified pulmonary nodule with irregular margins posterior right
lower lobe."

I am trying to be really hopeful but I am so scared. I am being referred to a pulmonologist and I do not know what the next step will be. Are these findings consistent with lung cancer?

Last edited by Purple7905; 07-22-2013 at 10:50 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2013, 04:09 PM   #2
(female)

Purple7905 HB User
Re: Scared but hopeful!

UPDATE: Saw the pulmonologist today and I am having a PET scan next week! I am terrified but still trying to be very hopeful!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2013, 03:31 PM   #3
(female)

Purple7905 HB User

My pet scan is scheduled for tomorrow and any advice would be greatly appreciated I am very nervous. I have a million thoughts running through my head. Can anyone let me know any advice on this? What to expect? and when should I expect my results back?

Old 08-03-2013, 05:30 AM   #4
(female)

Purple7905 HB User

I had me pet scan and within 2 hours of getting home the doctor called and this it what the results were:
The nodule lit up, I had 4 lymph nodes in my chest light up brighter then the nodule, and I had an area in my pelvis light up.
That was just a preliminary the radiologist had not even wrote a report he just called my dr and told him those things. I had a biopsy on Thursday of the lymph nodes which is their main concern at this point since they lit up brighter than anything else. Now just waiting on the results from that which I will not know anything until next week. It is all going so fast. But I have decided "it is what it is, and if that means cancer, well it's not time to freak out, it's time to get my head in the game and fight."
I hope all is good with you and wish you the best of luck. Please let us know what is going on with you

Old 08-03-2013, 10:24 AM   #5
(female)

Purple7905 HB User

I was having pelvic pain and my dr thought that it was my appendix so she ordered a ct of my abdomen and pelvis. After the 2nd ct of just my lungs they said it was suspicious and sent me to the pulm doc. He said that with my age (26) it was most likely nothing, even though I do have a history of smoking (i quit as soon as i found out i had a nodule on my lung). He ordered the pet and then we found out all of that.
I have started eating better as well I am trying to get as healthy as I can because if it is cancer then I need the strength to fight!!

Old 09-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #6
(male)

shimwrecker HB User

I hope all is well!

Old 09-08-2013, 09:52 AM   #7
(female)

Purple7905 HB User

I received the results back and the path report said that he could not be sure a lymph node was sampled so the pulm doc wanted to wait 3 months and do a repeat ct scan (I did not feel comfortable with that and neither did my pcp).

I was referred to a 2nd pulm doc and the first thing he said was he thinks it could be lymphoma. He said because of my age it is very unlikely primary lung cancer and whatever is in my lung is coming from the lymph nodes. So I am having an ultrasound guided biopsy to see if that gives an answer and if it's the same then they will remove a lymph node. He wants to try the one approach once more because he said where the lymph nodes are located they are going to be hard to remove one.

So I am now on meds to help me sleep at night (because I am up all night worrying) until we can get some answers. I have my next procedure this week so I should know a little more by next week! (HOPEFULLY)

The following user gives a hug of support to Purple7905:
solofelix (09-19-2013)
Old 09-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #8
(male)

shimwrecker HB User

Please keep us updated - I have been taking Ambien since I had a nodule show up from an unrelated scan.

My Dr. thinks I am ok - having a scan with contrast Wednesday.....will know more....

Old 09-10-2013, 11:17 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

SanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB UserSanyBelle HB User

Both of you, please keep us up to date. Thanks!

Old 09-19-2013, 07:49 AM   #10
(female)

CrownJewel84 HB User

Hello Purple7905, I am 28 and I smoke and have since I was 16. Last Thurday I woke up with pain in my back on the left side so I went to my Dr. She did a chest xray which revealed a shadow, sje thiught it could be a cracked rib so I went to an imaging center and had a more in depth rib xray. Next day my Dr called and said I did not have a cracked rib, but a nodule on my left lung exactly where I am having pain and I needed at CT. Had CT Tuesday and got result yesterday, 7.5 x 7 mm tumor on left upper lung, same area I am hurting. Can't get in to see Dr until next Thursday. Radiologist reported he believed the tumor to be benign based on comparing it to an old xray in 2010. Well I ended up in the emergency room last night with worsening chest pain radiating into my left arm and shoulder, underarm and neck on left side swollen, and chills. Ekg normal, bloodwork normal, blood pressure and pulse was high. Was sent home and told to follow up with my Dr. I told the E.R. Doc I have copies of xrays from 2011, 2012, and 2013 where none of them showed this tumor, so it couldn't have possibly been there since 2010! Today my arm and neck are still swollen and achy and the pain in my back/lung is still there. I am afraid that my Dr isnt going to follow up on this and that if it is cancer, it may be too far advanced by the time they take me seriously. I know it is relatively small, so I shouldnt get all worked up about it just yet. Just perplexed since I am in pain and not being told why. Good luck with everything and keep us updated. I pray everything works out and if they remove your lymph node or another area, that they get it all. You are not alone, and I am in your corner cheering you on. You are definately in my thougts and prayers.

The following user gives a hug of support to CrownJewel84:
solofelix (09-19-2013)
Old 09-19-2013, 12:22 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi Purple and CrownJewel,

I would like to offer you both my best wishes and prayers.
I hope and pray you will both have the best treatment and every good wish for the future,

Solofelix.

Old 09-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #12
(female)

CrownJewel84 HB User

Thank you solofelix, for the hugs and well wishes. Will get to talk with my primary Thursday, she will likely want to recheck in a few months. Will keep you all updated.

Reply Reply