It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Oral Message Board

About swelling bump in neck

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-26-2017, 09:08 PM   #1
Nadarajan
(male)

Nadarajan HB User
About swelling bump in neck

My mom was diagnosed with squamous cell carcinoma (june2016) in tongue stage 1 doctor told that operation is a better cure and immediately we done that and also a small amount of tissue is placed in a tongue(fore arm free flap surgery) and there was no spead in neck as the results are completely free of tumor
Now she had cold before 15 days ago and after that we seen a bump(some kind of stone), in left side of neck we went to doctor and they told it subandubular gland infection like that we took ultrasound scan and doctors told its not clear it's like thyroid like that told to take CT scan
IMMPERSSION
Enlargement of both lobes of thyroid with multiple nodules. Largest right lobe thyroid nodule measuring 2.7◊1.7cm and left lobe 1.60◊1.34

2)enlargement of left Palatine tonsil is seem
3)Heterogeneouly enhancing necrotic lesions involving left side cervical chain level 1B and 2A regions and adjacent Para pharyngeal space. Para pharyngeal space lesion is measuring 3.6◊3.5cm and necrotic area at sub mandibular space /1b lymphnodal region measuring 1.20◊1.04cm

4) left side subandubular salivery gland could not be visualised clearly

Above findings are SUGGESTIVE of recurrent metastasis lesion at left Para pharyngeal space lymphnodes (left side level 1b/subandubular region) with enlarged left Palatine tonsil
Now also doctors is saying it can Be a cancer not sure about it like that take a PET scan and biopsy why they are saying to take lot of scan why they are not reviling it please say what it sir/madam my mother is completely alright till she is very active doing all her work no throat pain no problem in swallowing food We also consulted a Ent doctor where he feels it is a tonsil
And also he says take medicine for 15days if it is reducing means ok like that he is suggesting now it has been 4days now swelling has reduced
please help us should we go for PET scan and then biopsy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

« What is this | - »