It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Oral Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2006, 10:37 PM   #1
(male)

vtcando HB User
Possible oral cancer?..Please help

Here's the deal. My wife is trying to schedule an appointment with the doctor but meanwhile our minds are racing. She has reoccurring problems with sore throats. She feels that she is gagging and it is difficult to swallow food and liquids like there is an obstruction in the way. She hacks often which tends to bring up mucus but may also be making her throat more sore. It's not only a sore throught but she has pain all the way up to and including her ears. This usually last for 1 to 2 weeks and then she seems OK. We therefore have been chalking it up to just head colds but it seems to hit her every 5 weeks or so. What is freaking us out is that she just read an article describing her exact symptoms including a slight voice change saying the symptoms are consistent with oral cancer. Any with any thoughts????

Old 07-31-2006, 07:54 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

backslide05 HB User
Re: Possible oral cancer?..Please help

Hi,
I am not a doctor, but just read your post and suggest you read about LPR-silent reflux, you can google it.
I suffer from it and it sounds VERY much like that could be what your wife has. It's acid reflux and she discribed many of the classic symptoms.
A good ENT or gastroenterologist will diagnose for sure.
good luck.

p.s. you can jump to the acid reflux boards and get info there as well...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2006, 05:23 AM   #3
(male)

vtcando HB User
Re: Possible oral cancer?..Please help

Thnak you. I did check it out but I don't see anything about ear pain.

Closed Thread