It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Oral Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2007, 01:23 PM   #1
(male)

guyindallas HB User
PlEASE HELP!!! Is this oral cancer???

Hi All,

I have a quick question. I am a 32 year old male, and have been dipping snuff for about 10 years. Only a few of those years were heavy, most just casually. I am in the process of quitting, but I have been freaking out lately because I sometimes get pain in the jaw (off and on, sort of dull) and sometimes my ears ache. I read that this is a sign of oral cancer. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I am really scared. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Old 01-19-2007, 02:22 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

DebM412 HB User
Re: PlEASE HELP!!! Is this oral cancer???

The first thing you need to do is stop what you are doing. If the pain then continues I would go see a doctor preferrably an ENT doctor. But quit!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2007, 05:20 PM   #3
(female)

mabegb HB User

im sure there are lots of different things that it could be...cancer included. but the best thing to put your mind at ease and know for sure you can go to your dentist and have an oral screening or you can make an appt with an ent. good luck to you and keep us posted.

Old 01-21-2007, 04:05 PM   #4
(female)

amynmiami HB User

Go see an Ear Nose and Throat doc as soon as you can. If it IS cancer (I really don't know if it is) but if it IS, the sooner they catch it, the better your chances of being cured. My husband, a non smoker/light drinker, had a swollen tonsil without any pain, but he got it checked out, and even when the ENT told him he didn't think it was cancer, my husband said, "Let's just make sure to be on the safe side." So they did a biopsy...and guess what...tonsil cancer...and he's only in his 40's. Don't chew or smoke. They are the leading causes of oral cancer, and if you do it, it's not a matter of "If" it will happen, it's a matter of "when". And the docs are saying they're seeing more and more "young" men with oral cancer than ever before. Always get it checked out. Better to be safe than sorry.

Old 01-29-2007, 12:54 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

lbp35 HB User

amy,
just wondering how ur husband is doing? My ex whom I remain friends with was diagnosed at age 37. He is now almost 3 years since diagnosis and having a hard time gaining weight back.Hope all is well.

Closed Thread