It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Oral Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2007, 07:14 PM   #1
(male)

BPguy HB User
Oral cancer maybe. A bit freaked out would like some info please.

I went to my dentist a few days ago and he found that some of the skin near the area where that thing in the back of your throat hangs down, that was white. He did a test where he made me rinse my mouth with a vingegar solution, then he took this wand thing with a light in it and looked around in my mouth. He said it looked "different" and wanted me to come back in a week and if it was still there he would do a "blue test." I freaked out and asked if he could do that test right then so I wouldn't have to stress for a week. So he did the blue test, which was basically the same as the other test except he painted the area with liquid then checked with the want again. He was still conserned so he took a cell scrape and sent it off to the lab. I'm totally freaked out here, and worried that I might have throat cancer. I had blood work done about 2 weeks ago for something different and nothing was abnormal. So I guess what I am wondering is, if it does come back with cancerous cells but my blood isn't out of the ordinary, how worried should I be? My throat is sore too if that makes a difference.

Old 08-01-2007, 05:41 PM   #2
(female)

girlcat36 HB User
Re: Oral cancer maybe. A bit freaked out would like some info please.

Hi---I just finished treatment for tonsil cancer. I had this for three years before diagnosis. During this time I was under the care of several doctors, and all blood work was FINE. Right now, try not to worry until you have a definative diagnosis. I know this is hard. If it does come back as cancer, remember that head and neck cancers are very curable. And be grateful for your dentist who took a closer look! Good luck to you.

BTW---I had this for three years before final diagnosis, and rarely had a sore throat during that time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread