It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Oral Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2011, 01:53 PM   #1
(male)

gent1 HB User
Opinions on symptoms

In February of 2011 I had a weird sensation of something on the very back of my tongue, left side. It feels as if something is rubbing or attached to my tongue in that general back left area. There is no pain or visible lump/lesion. I sometimes have a transient soar throat in that back left region as well, it comes and goes with no real rhythm. I wouldn't consider it persistent, but it occasionally occurs.

In April I saw an Oral Surgeon and he did a once over, saw no visible lesions or lumps and thought everything looked ok. I had a repeat visit with him two weeks ago as a follow-up. Same issues I am having, but he did perform a scope down through my nasal canal down into my throat. He said everything looked OK with the scope and viewing of my mouth/tongue. The Dr ordered an MRI of face/neck for my piece of mind. The MRI results show all normal with the exception of "minimal asymmetry" of a lymph node down the back of my tongue. He thought this is probably the cause of my annoying symptom, but stated he was not overly concerned about it either.

The Oral Surgeon has referred me to an ENT DR for more follow-up to get his two cents.

Has anyone had similar issues or care to comment? The Oral Surgeon was not too concerned about the MRI, but must have thought it should be looked at by an ENT Dr. I will visit the ENT yet this week, so I'm curious and somewhat nervous to what will become of this.

I should mention I'm 35 and a non-smoker and non-tobacco user. I also suffer acid reflux and am taking medication for it.

Last edited by gent1; 06-28-2011 at 02:02 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2011, 05:58 AM   #2
(male)

gent1 HB User
Re: Opinions on symptoms

After seeing the ENT doctor who did an exam and endoscopy, he has the same opinion as my Oral Surgeon/DDS. Not sure if anyone is following this or not.

Closed Thread