It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Oral Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 12:31 PM   #1
(female)

ruflaura3 HB User
head and neck cancer? does anyone have jaw cancer?

I currently have a lump near my ear that is painful, my symptoms include jaw fatique when i eat and a few days ago i couldn't open my jaw very wide. my neck has had some pain, went to the doctor and she didn't say what she thinks it is but sent me for an ultrasound and did some bloodwork and told me she is very worried about me. she asked if there was cancer in my family? I didn't know cause i'm adopted. my question is does anyone here have these symptoms? should i be worried?? she also said my lymph nodes were enlarged.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2013, 12:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

monkey5 HB User
Re: head and neck cancer? does anyone have jaw cancer?

ruflaura3,
Sorry you are going through this, maybe we can support each other, I have top dentures and a while back I was rinsing them and my mouth as food seems to get stuck under them ugh, anyway I have to run my tongue across the roof of my mouth and it felt like a pin size hole, sure enough I got a flash light and it was with a reddening spot., I have also had sores on the sides of my mouth which the dr. has gave me three or four different meds for them and will not go away. It was also suggested to keep my dentures out for a few days and that didnt work ithier ugh. I at the begginging went to urgent care and they said possible ulcer but followed up with my dr. who did blood work and nothing which is nothing new cause half the time things dont show up, not to mention he noticed the white patches as well. I am scared out of my shoes Since all this I have had other red spots appear and a swelling /lump to the right of my throut and soreness to touch. I have an appt. monday with my regular again and an appt. Friday with my ENT as I have had an Thyroidectomy in the past If I can be of any help to you let me know, if you have any more suggestions of what I can do please let me knw or anyone else here...PLEASE!!!
Signed....Nervous Wreck!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #3
(male)

smarc1214 HB User
Re: head and neck cancer? does anyone have jaw cancer?

My wife had a small lump on her jaw and the dentist sent her to a head and neck surgeon. It turned out to be a saliva (parotid) gland tumor. She had surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy. It was too late and the cancer spread to her lungs and now she is in hospice. So I suggest you find out what this is about immediately. No "waiting to see."

The Following User Says Thank You to smarc1214 For This Useful Post:
monkee5 (04-11-2013)
Reply Reply