It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2004, 04:13 PM   #1

henriette HB User
liver detoxification - liver cancer

Hi - I was hoping someone here might be able to help me. My mother was recently diagnozed with bile duct cancer in the liver, which is a rare form for liver cancer. I am determined to help her as much as possible and am juicing several times a day and she is on a healthy diet. I have been worried about whether doing a liver detoxification or cleansing the liver would be beneficial or not for her. Does anyone here know or have an idea?

The doctors that she is seeing doesn't believe in a healthy diet, they believe it will not make any difference at all. I don't know whether liver cleansing, (as I suppose I am already in a small scale doing now?) could worsen an already bad situation, and am therefore very worried. If any of you have any suggestions or experience with this, I would be most grateful to hear from you. I was also wondering whether anyone knows about or has experience with the Gerson diet?Again I suppose it is a tricky thing, when one is dealing with liver cancer?

Thank you

Henriette

Old 01-10-2004, 09:07 AM   #2
(male)

njben HB User
Re: liver detoxification - liver cancer

Remember ... its not so much that doctors don't care about nutrition and stuff .. or that they do not care .. its really because they were never really taught it. Regardless of what the physician says ... remember ... good nutrition will never hurt.,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2004, 07:56 PM   #3
Veteran

RageOfAngels HB User

[QUOTE=njben]Remember ... its not so much that doctors don't care about nutrition and stuff .. or that they do not care .. its really because they were never really taught it. [QUOTE]

True, but it is highly irresponsible and terribly arrogant the way so many Western doctors laugh at or try to discourage patients who try to improve their health with diet changes or alternative therapies such as cleansing, colonics, acupuncture, etc. Many people (who are brave enough to not get intimidated by the doctor) experience tremendous benefits from such therapies or protocols all the time. So what if some of these protocols "haven't been rigorously scientifically studied" (one of their main objections). Big deal. If they work, who cares? When you are suffering, doesn't it pay to try all avenues that make sense?

That being said, I fail to see any reason why a cleansing protocol of some sort should not be at least tried for the liver cancer mentioned. It may even erradicate the cancer, there are many people who have been able to become cancer-free from such. I believe that more than just a liver cleanse would be needed (i.e. a good bowel cleanse would probably be equally as important, as well as a kidney/bladder cleanse possibly). I would recommend getting to a naturopath who can guide you through these types of treatments. I would recommend a few but am not sure I am allowed to name names on this board, otherwise I would.

Last edited by RageOfAngels; 01-10-2004 at 07:59 PM.

Old 01-10-2004, 09:43 PM   #4
Senior Veteran

Arleen HB User

Hi Henriette:

I'm currently seeing a homeopath as I'm having gum and teeth problems related to TMJ. Because he takes a holistic approach, he's treating my whole body and all possible problems, not just the dental ones. He thinks my liver isn't metabolizing things properly and has put me on several supplements (SAM-e and Ultra Clear, a powdered vitamin supplement) as a detox.

Of course, everyone's situation is different. You're best to see a homeopath or naturopath, so someone in the medical field, who can decide which products are the best for your mother's situation.

I hope you find something that will help. Good luck.

Old 01-10-2004, 10:21 PM   #5

pi_squared HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by henriette
Hi - I was hoping someone here might be able to help me. My mother was recently diagnozed with bile duct cancer in the liver, which is a rare form for liver cancer. I am determined to help her as much as possible and am juicing several times a day and she is on a healthy diet. I have been worried about whether doing a liver detoxification or cleansing the liver would be beneficial or not for her. Does anyone here know or have an idea?

The doctors that she is seeing doesn't believe in a healthy diet, they believe it will not make any difference at all. I don't know whether liver cleansing, (as I suppose I am already in a small scale doing now?) could worsen an already bad situation, and am therefore very worried. If any of you have any suggestions or experience with this, I would be most grateful to hear from you. I was also wondering whether anyone knows about or has experience with the Gerson diet?Again I suppose it is a tricky thing, when one is dealing with liver cancer?

Thank you

Henriette

You might want to try Alpha Lipoic Acid. It is wonderful for the liver. One of the best. I took Milk Thisle for several years, and it cannot hold a candle to Alpha Lipoic Acid in aiding the Liver.

As a matter of fact, a very caring doctor was able to save the lives of a husband and wife using Alpha Lipoid Acid. The other doctors had given up on these two patients, sayng there was nothing that could be done to save them. This doctor did research and found out about ALA and saved their lives.

If you want to read a good book on the subject, I would suggest "Alpha Lipoic Acid Breakthrough: The Superb Antioxidant That May Slow Aging, Repair Liver Damage, and Reduce the Risk of Cancer, Heart Disease, and Diabetes"
by Burt Burkson. It is a very fast read, but he gives some great information that could help your situation.

I have been on ALA for about 8 months now and I can tell a huge difference in my health. I would highly recommend the regimen, and it will be much easier on your mother than a liver flush.

By the way they have started using ALA for Aids patients also!

Good Luck,
Sherrie

Old 01-11-2004, 06:10 AM   #6

MichaelNYC HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by henriette

Thank you

Henriette
Do a search on coffee enemas. There's also a book on beating cancer with nutrition....again, do a search. Do a search on Dr. Matthias Rath, Dr. Lorraine Day, Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez and William Donald Kelley. Nutrition and a strong immune system is crucial. Ignore your doctors comment regarding nutrition. Since conventional medicine offers no hope why not look into nutritional healing.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:16 AM   #7
(female)

vocalist1945 HB User

Hello: I am having problems in the area of the bile ducts and wondered if you
can tell me what tests the dr. did on your mother to determine she had bile
duct cancer? This is very important to me if you could relay that information.
I have had an endoscopy and also abdominal ultrasound and nothing shows up.
Liver enzymes are a mess and also my iron level is 471. Any thoughts?

Old 04-08-2009, 12:04 PM   #8
(female)

tasha92337 HB User

Bluperum is greatl liver

Closed Thread