It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2004, 08:30 PM   #1
(female)

Diva10 HB User
Milk Thistle for Liver Cancer???

Someone told me that the best thing for liver cancer is milk thistle, it has the ability to make new tissue grow back in liver. also to drink about 2 8 ounce glasses of green tea, Can this really help someone with liver cancer.
My dad has liver cancer and has chosen to opt out of treatment because of the very low chance of survival.
Any info would be appreceated
Thanks
Veronica

Old 12-09-2004, 10:27 PM   #2
Inactive

kerry1 HB User
Re: Milk Thistle for Liver Cancer???

Milk thistle is supposed to cleanse the liver. I've taken liver-cleansing supplements that have milk thistle and something else - dandelion root, maybe? It's supposed to cleanse the liver and stimulate new cell growth. I'd certainly recommend it - I don't think it could hurt one bit. I don't know what side effects might be for him - I had hardly any (just increased "looseness" if you know what I mean).

Your father might also want to get aggressive about immune support. And cleansing out his body in general. The body can fight off the cancer better if there is added immune-system stimulation. And fewer toxins to fight off (you know, like junk food, saturated fat, alcohol, etc.). And he'd feel better. Good luck to him!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-12-2004, 07:46 PM   #3
(female)

Diva10 HB User

Kerry1, Thank you for your reply, I went and got my dad the milk thistle for his liver and green tea for his immune system, that is what i was told was for the immune system, he will start on it all tomorrow
Thanks again
Veronica

Old 12-20-2004, 01:24 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

PBABY HB User

Kerry you brought up a good point-dandelion root. It is a good cleanser for the liver. I drink dandelion root tea, plus green tea. Diva, you can get either one at the health food store.

Old 12-28-2004, 09:59 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

caroleye HB User

My liver enzymes elevate due to an accidental laceration, so in addition to the above, I eat an alkaline diet, drink only filtered water, and take the supplements CoQ10, L-carnitine, probiotics, omega 3's & alpha lipoic acid. I took my information from the book healthy healing through natural means.

One Dr. also put me on the "human grade" hydrocortisone that's especially compounded by a few labs in the country. I can't take those any more as they're too strong, but they helped alot years ago.

We also keep air filters going & make sure there's lots of oxygen around; sometimes I use a tank.

Best of luck!!

LIGHT***********carole

Old 02-01-2005, 08:38 PM   #6
(female)

Diva10 HB User

Just to pass on the message, my dad passed away this morning, all that i asked about the herbs, he never took them as i have some to find out over the last few days,
i wish he would have, maybe just maybe he would still be here with us.
but thanks for all the info any way.
and goodluck to anyone who want to try the herbs
diva10

Closed Thread