It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2007, 08:15 PM   #1
(male)

allen93 HB User
Do Teens Get Pancreatic Cancer?

ughhhhhh i'm so stupid,
i try to self diagnose myself with cancer of a new organ every time a new pain comes up in a certain area.

Gosh I'm soooo afriad.
i read up on pancreatic cancer and like barely anybody completely survives it
im fourteen and i have good general heath.
i have some heartburn problems but thats just a normal thing with me.
but my biggest fear is that if i let this pain thats in the upper left side of my abdomen, where my stomach/pancreas is, i will end up going to the doctor and them telling me im gonna die in like a month.

its not really a sharp pain,
but its as if somebody got there finger, and started to slowly push it into my abdomen, and it hurts described as is.
its relatively north east of my belly button. about two innches higher in that direction.
and i can even point to where it hurts.
push on it and everything
pinpoint it.

it only hurts randomly about three times a day.
i'm just so scared because the pain is just random,
and pancreatic cancer has barely any symptoms
and i dont want to be diagnosed with something as horrible as that.
i'm going to the doctor in about two days,
and im not going to bring up cancer.
cuz i already went once thinking i had brain cancer.
it was my first time so he was okay and sentimental.

but im so confused?
im only 14?
do kids my age get pancreatic cancer?
it gets me so upset.
i wish we had a world without cancer.
so my worrys would go away.
because cancer to me means

cancer=slow and horrible death..

gosh all my other friends get to live there life with no worrys, why do i get pains that seem like cancer to me?

can somebody answer my questoin?

does it SOUND like i have pancreatic cancer?

this subject can get me into tears on a bad day
:'[

help me please.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2007, 10:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
Re: Do Teens Get Pancreatic Cancer?

I read pancreatic cancer message boards constantly because my best friend has stage IV. She is in her 50's. I have seen a few messages posted of people in their 20's having it but it appears to be rare from what I have read and a someone in the family had it. My girlfriend had back pain, extreme fatigue and her blood sugar went very high. It is good you are seeing a doctor as it seems you really need some reassurance. At your age I would only guess it could be muscle use (do you have gym at school?) maybe ovulating pains or like you stated heartburn. Do you eat alot of junk food of high fats? My advice would be take care of yourself now. Eat healthy, exercise and dump the stress. I hope you post what the doctor said. Good luck there.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:30 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User

ooops I just saw you are a male....lol disregard the ovulating. That's a girl thing

Old 07-11-2007, 05:40 AM   #4
(male)

marky1956 HB User

I thought I had read somewhere that there are NO known cases of anyone under the age of 20 having been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. That in itself should be reassuring.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:53 AM   #5
(male)

allen93 HB User

I know,
i've looked everywhere on the web.
I cant find ONE case at all.
not one.
all i found was that kids that got pancreatis once
and had a certian genetic factor
developed chronic pancreatis in there teens and
had a high risk of getting pancreatic cancer in there mid thirtys or fourtys.

but what reasurres me,
and i need somebody to answer this.

is this pain has been here for about 3 months,

since pancreatic cancer is so agressive wouldnt something have developed more or more symptoms?

i heard stories of people getting stomach pain and going to the doctor and saying the have it,
but its vague and new.
they didnt have it for a long period of time.

im just so scared.
:/

i mean after 3 months i should of gotten fatigue or loss of appetite or something!

but i dont!

help me.

Old 07-14-2007, 04:57 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

shnswms HB User

I have only ever heard of two cases of pancreatic cancer in young adults. One was in his mid twenties and the other was a teen girl. They were not the most common form of pancreatic cancer though. It is extremely rare for anyone in this young age range to get it. Do yourself a favor and do not dwell on what if. I had your same exact problem. I would hear a story about someone getting cancer then I was sure I was going to die of it and I had it. I would get a headache and thought I had a brain tumor. I had a pain under my rib and thought I had liver cancer. From experience let me tell you this is a horrible way to live. I spent two years of my life spending tons on doctor bills for x-rays and such that never showed anything. The most I ever got diagnosed with was anxiety and reflux. My mind was a complete mess. I checked the internet anytime I felt sick. Almost any symptom you type into a search engine will bring back a cancer result! Try to get out and enjoy some of your favorite things to take your mind off of being sick. It took me awhile but I'm all better now. Go to the doctor appointment and your doctor will reassure you. Best of luck. Please tell your doctor you have anxiety problems and you are scared you have cancer. I promise he will reassure you.

Old 07-14-2007, 06:52 PM   #7
(male)

allen93 HB User

thank you so much it feels so nice,
when somebody else understands what you are going through.
thank you so much.
i aprreciate it more than you know.

& the past few days i told myself i would forget about it,
and i just pretty much let go of the worry- to see if it would make me feel any better, and when i was doing the things i love and enjoying myself i felt a whole lot better.

i realized i just have reflux, and chronic gas that gets stuck in my colon
(or just hurts while passing through)
as the doctor said.
im getting reflux pills.
and im sure that will make me feel better with my heartburn i get
(every three days or so)
(or whenever i eat alot or spicy)

but thanks so much guys you have no clue how much this has helped me!

incredible thanks

-Allen

Closed Thread