It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2007, 04:15 PM   #1
(female)

lynny99 HB User
pancreatic cancer

My husband has had several pancreaitis attacks over the last couple of years which he has been hospitalised for. Now he is suffering from pains in the chest and shoulder and at times shortness of breath. Test show that its not his heart and the doctors dont know whats causing it. My question is could this be referred pain from his pancreas.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
Re: pancreatic cancer

My best friend had back pain around the middle. She thought maybe she had hurt a rib. She had fatigue but blamed it on a previous heart attack. Her sugar levels climbed and that was a big clue something was going on. She started taking pills for diabetes but was feeling nauseous and she was uncomfortable when she ate. She had a cat scan done and the pancreatic cancer stage IV was discovered.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2007, 02:49 AM   #3
(female)

cassie2 HB User
Re: pancreatic cancer

Hi
my father had a severe panceatitis attack.last year..altho not an alcoholic, it would be fair to say " a heavy drinker' that is what causes pancreatitis.
Do hope that your husband has stopped drinking?
hilst in hospital,dad was found to have a lump on his chest, which was cancerous, has had 30% of his lung removed, and chemotherapy.
2 Months have passed, and he is short of breathe pains in shoulder etc, and now another cancerous lump in lung.he will find out next week if more surgery and chemo will help.
Hes not a well man at the moment.
I dont think the 2 are related at all, but would advise that your hubby, get some scans done.
best wishes

Closed Thread