It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2008, 09:31 AM   #16
(male)

steviek321 HB User
Re: End Stage Pancreatic cancer, What to expect

Hey Thanks again, and as always ths board has given me some more insight, My Dad has been plagued with Gas pain, only, and so far that is the major complaint, and that the pressure makes him get up several times at night with the feeling he has to go to the bathroom but finds it is in fact only gas. Other than that he just gets tired and finds it harder and harder to eat much, He claims he has trouble getting food down, then once it is down he feels so full almost at once. We started him on Ensure almost from the begining, at that has helped.
As for the Family again almost at once, Sibs came for visits, one From Phoenix for 10 days, one from N. Carolina for 3 days, one from Texas for a week.
so everyone has had a good visit before any real onset of symptoms.

Thanks again and God Bless each of you

Peace
Steve

Old 08-12-2008, 11:17 AM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Hi Steve, I am glad this board has been helpful, it has for me as well. My father complained (not as much now) of gas pains too. He also often felt he had to go to the restroom but it was often gas, though he did start getting bowel movements everytime after he ate. He too ate less, I think it is due to the bloating (which gets worse), general loss of appetite, and also the fact that he knew he would need to use the restroom after he ate (which was hard for him due to the weakness). Its amazing how little he ate and eats that he has so many BM.

My thoughts are with you and your family..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2008, 01:38 PM   #18
(female)

MaryLiz50 HB User

Hi Steve - my stepchildren's Mom was diagnosed over a year ago with pancreatic cancer with liver involvement and she is now at the end stages of the disease. She was taking oral chemotherapy up until about a week ago, she has a tube in her abdomen so hospice nurses can drain fluid every other day. She is in constant pain, barely eats, cries alot, can hardly get out of bed, and sleeps all the time. My only wish is she does not linger. It is hard on her and is harder on those she is leaving behind to watch her suffer. May god bless you and your family and give you the strength.

Old 09-28-2008, 09:59 AM   #19
(male)

steviek321 HB User

Thanks for the info, Our latest Event, is that my Dad became really jaundice. His Doctor went in and put a stint in his bial duct, This took away the Jaundice in a couple days and even helped his appetite, He can't eat near as much as he used to but he is not gagging on every bite, Which is good, He also has been really good about taking his Ensure, and that is helping his weight.
Other than that he just is sleeping a little more each day, but has not complained of any pain.
The only other new thing has been he gets bought of incontinance, that comes and goes at the most inconvienant times. As always thanks for the responses and keep them coming, Every little bit of Info really does help.
God Bless all

STeve

Old 01-05-2009, 10:53 PM   #20
(female)

gregles HB User

I am having a very unique problem that I need advice about. My best friend was DX with a very rare T-cell lymphoma. She has tumors that have turned into big open sores on her legs. She just went in about 2 months ago with pancreatitis and also had her gall bladder removed. They found 7 nodules on her pancreas, but they never did a biopsy on them because she refused. She recovered fine from her surgery and she is home now, but she just started getting a new symptom. She is suddenly VERY weak and tired all the time. It has been 8 months since she was first diagnosed and she has never gone back to the doctor for a follow up visit or any treatment. She did this because her CRAZY husband and his family think that they can "natually" cure her themselves. She is not even seeing a homeopathic doctor. I have tried and tried to talk to her about going to the doctor but she is very terrified of Chemo and modern medicine. She will not listen to me and I can see the progession of this disease. She really believes that her and her husband can cure this. I am very afraid that she is in denial about all of it. Her family is not in the state. They live quite far away and she is lying to them about her condition. They have NO idea about the tumors in her legs or her pancreas. Her own mother thinks that she's fine. She doesn't want anyone to know. I don't feel like I can influence her to go to the doctor - I think she is afraid of what she might hear. Do I go behind her back and contact her family and tell them the truth???? I'm not sure what to do. Would that be betraying my friend - or should her family know?

Thanks to whoever is listening...

Old 01-08-2009, 01:58 PM   #21
(male)

steviek321 HB User

I would definately tell her family, My father has had Pancreatic cancer and although he has not been in a great deal of pain, He had jaundice, and need a stint in his liver to open the bile duct, which releaved a great deal of uncomfortable and very sickly stomach and throat problems, Good luck, and let your concience be your guide.

God Bless

Steve

Closed Thread