It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2008, 10:03 AM   #1
(female)

jb00642 HB User
Looking for a Diagnois. Could it be panc or liver cancer?

I hope I don't upset anyone by posting here, since I don't have a cancer diagnosis. But I realy need some help. I was wondering if anyone else has had the same experiences as me, and got a dx of cancer.

I am 38 year old female, I have had acute recurring hereditary pancreatitis since 1989.

2 years ago, my pancreatitis got a lot worse, so I started going to different doctors to find out why.

In June of this year they decided that my gall bladder needed to come out. So I had it removed on 6-18-2008. And ever since my amalayse and lipase have been fine. But my ALT, AST, and ALK PHOS have been elevated, anywhere from 100 to 800.

I have had every blood test there is for liver disorder, over $3000 worth of labs, and nothing came back, except the ALT, AST, and ALK PHOS.

My symptons are so much worse since gall bladder removal. I have nausea, vomiting and severe pain just under my ribs on the right side, thru the back.

I had a CT about a month ago in the ER, but no one has told me what it shows.

My PCP and GI are out of ideas, so I am going to have a liver biopsy, but I don't know what it could show since the labs have shown nothing, the only thing I can think of is cancer.

I have alot of cancer in my family, my 34 year old cousin died 2 years agon from panc cancer, my mom had acute promylogenis leukemia, my maternal grandma died from liver cancer, and my paternal grandmother died from ovarian cancer.

So to say the least I am terrified. I am happily married with 3 beatiful children, oldest is 18, then 14 and the youngest is 4. They say I am the spokes to there wheel, I hold them all together, and can not imagine what they would do without me.

So if anyone has experience anything similiar, please responed.

Thank you
Jackie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2008, 10:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
Re: Looking for a Diagnois. Could it be panc or liver cancer?

Hi, no one has answered you yet, so I will throw in a little info. I havent had any experience with what you are going through, though I lost my best friend last year to pancreatic cancer. I would certainly call the ER and get the results of the scan you had. Paperwork seems to get shoved aside these days and the assumption may be that you know the results. I am surprised your dr doesn't call and get them or that the ER dr gave you the preliminary report upon release. Sometimes a MRI shows more and then if any spots are seen a biopsy is done. A mon of friend of mine just had a MRI last week and they could see cancer in the pancreas and spots in the liver. The drs wanted to biopsy the liver,to confirm and stage the cancer, but because of her age, she refused any further testing. There seems to be some possibility of pancreatic cancer running in families, so do follow up. There is an organization called CanPan that can answer alot of these questions for you. Good luck

Old 11-03-2008, 11:34 AM   #3
(female)

jb00642 HB User
Re: Looking for a Diagnois. Could it be panc or liver cancer?

Thank you for answering. Well, I went to an appointment with my GI and he wants to do another MRCP, I had one done last december. I asked him about the CT I had done in the ER and he said he doesn't have the results, because he doesnt feel the CT can show anything. So I go in on thursday for that. Hopefully I will get some answers.
Jackie

Closed Thread