It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2009, 10:23 AM   #1
(female)

polly2 HB User
final stage of liver cancer

My mom is in the final stage of liver cancer (primary, not secondary). Over the last few days she has had almost constant nausea and none of the medications given by the doctor are helping. Does anyone know how long the nausea stage lasts.

There was a posting by Ruth6:11 that listed some "pre-active" symptoms of final stage liver cancer - my mom has had and continues to have all of these. Ruth6:11 mentioned there were some "active" symptoms that came at the end but she did not list them. Does anyone know what these symptoms are?

Old 03-19-2009, 07:02 PM   #2
(female)

grandma2o2girls HB User
Re: final stage of liver cancer

My husband died Jan.6th of this year and he never and any nausea. His skin was yellow, his whole body was bloated with fluid, he could not move around cuz he had to carry his stomache in his hands. He no longer urinated or had bowel movements. When he went to the hospital this final time, his kidneys had failed and his liver. He was on life support for three days but was taken off of it to pass. All his organs failed and in the end, his heart.

Praying that your loved one does not suffer like this, and god bless you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2009, 03:53 PM   #3
(male)

SNOOKERED HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandma2o2girls View Post
My husband died Jan.6th of this year and he never and any nausea. His skin was yellow, his whole body was bloated with fluid, he could not move around cuz he had to carry his stomache in his hands. He no longer urinated or had bowel movements. When he went to the hospital this final time, his kidneys had failed and his liver. He was on life support for three days but was taken off of it to pass. All his organs failed and in the end, his heart.

Praying that your loved one does not suffer like this, and god bless you.
I am so sorry for your terrible loss. No one should be subjected to this miserable disease. I hope that you are recovering from you losing your husband.

Old 04-12-2009, 03:57 PM   #4
(male)

SNOOKERED HB User

Polly sorry for your loss. But you have hijacked this thread. Grandma2o2girls was seeking solice. I believe that this was a mistake on your part.
Please tell us how your mother is on a New Thread.

Warm Regards, Jim

Old 04-12-2009, 10:34 PM   #5
(female)

polly2 HB User

Apologies, I did hijack this thread by mistake. At the time I added this thread (if I can say that...obviously new to boards and their etiquette), I was desperate for information.

My mother passed peacefully on 27 March 2009 while I was holding her hand. I am deeply grateful that I was able to take care of her for the last 2 months of her life (as are my brother and sister).

To all the people who have lost loved ones to cancer or are watching one suffer with it now, amy God send you his grace, mercy and unconditional love and give you strength.

Old 05-20-2010, 05:11 PM   #6
(female)

microsue HB User

My husband has end stage liver cancer also, at this time he sleeps most of the day and is somewhat confused about things, days and events. He has lost a total of 80 lbs since he was diagnosed in the beginning of Dec 09, now he is retaining fluid in the stomach. The doctors never want to say anything - he is on this medication called Nexavar which has stopped the growth of the tumor, but the tumor was 20cm to begin with. He barely eats - has a few bites of food per day and drinks water. I wish I knew what to expect. I can't imagine it getting worse.

Old 05-20-2010, 11:53 PM   #7
(female)

polly2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by microsue View Post
My husband has end stage liver cancer also, at this time he sleeps most of the day and is somewhat confused about things, days and events. He has lost a total of 80 lbs since he was diagnosed in the beginning of Dec 09, now he is retaining fluid in the stomach. The doctors never want to say anything - he is on this medication called Nexavar which has stopped the growth of the tumor, but the tumor was 20cm to begin with. He barely eats - has a few bites of food per day and drinks water. I wish I knew what to expect. I can't imagine it getting worse.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:06 AM   #8
(female)

polly2 HB User

Hi Microsue,

I am so sorry to hear about what you and your husband are going through right now. I wish I could tell you what to expect, but I cannot since my mom (who had liver cancer) never took Nexavar. As soon as my mom was diagnosed with final stage liver cancer, we ordered Nexavar but after three weeks we still had not received the medication. By the time we got confirmation the medication was on its way, Mom had already made peace with her illness and decided to let nature take its course.

So, short answer is Nexavar changes the equation. I don't know what to expect from Nexavar. Whether it mitigates some symptoms or removes them completely, I have no idea.

Perhaps there is a message board entry on Nexavar. There should be some sort of group discussion of what to expect from Nexavar and how it affects the symptoms of final stage liver cancer. Google search?

I can imagine how tired and worn out you must be feeling. May God give you, your husband, and your family strength and courage.

Old 05-22-2010, 07:58 PM   #9
(female)

microsue HB User

Thanks Polly 2,

I appreciate your response. It is good to write and talk with people who have experienced what I am going through.

Blessings.

Old 05-23-2010, 07:29 AM   #10
(female)

grandma2o2girls HB User

Thank you Snookered. I am still having a very hard time. Miss him so. Thank you once again.
Darlene

Closed Thread