It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2009, 05:03 PM   #1
(female)

princess1958 HB User
Smile 17 month survivor of lung, and liver cancer... ?

I was diagnosed with small cell lung and secondary liver cancer on March 2nd 2008 and was giving two months to live, and nearly 17 months later, I have been called an anomaly.

Throughout my treatment which has involved Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy, I have been told that I look very well for a lady with my condition. The small cell tumour which I have in my Lungs has decreased in size, and all the metastasis in my liver have gone...

I was so relieved, there was no explanation why the cancer had retreated away from my liver, and the doctors can not give me any answers as to why the cancer has gone from my liver because i was told this has never happened before.

I feel great hope inside, but I still feel anxiety, fear and pain. I am told the cancer has gone from my liver so I live in hope that I can carry on fighting this tedious, unpleasant, or monotonous cancer that is affecting my body, and my familys life. I think the reason I am doing so well is because I tell myself everyday that I dont have cancer and fight to stay with my husband and children.

How many more survivors are there in this world?

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: princess1958
adila (09-17-2011), Flemoxx (03-01-2011), goodrichgirl10 (01-10-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to princess1958 For This Useful Post:
goodrichgirl10 (01-10-2012)
Old 08-06-2009, 09:43 PM   #2
(female)

jjl33 HB User
Re: 17 month survivor of lung, and liver cancer... ?

Good For You !! I had small cell lung cancer 6 years ago. Still here. Now waiting to see if Hubby has liver cancer.I'm trying to be positive, that it might be scar tissue from Cirrosis. He thinks it"s His Turn for cancer,his attitude ticks me off royally. But Hey, you're quite a fighter,good frame of mind. Keep fighting.Hug your Hubby and children for me. Take Care...JJL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-02-2009, 09:27 AM   #3
(female)

flyme HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess1958 View Post
I was diagnosed with small cell lung and secondary liver cancer on March 2nd 2008 and was giving two months to live, and nearly 17 months later, I have been called an anomaly.

Throughout my treatment which has involved Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy, I have been told that I look very well for a lady with my condition. The small cell tumour which I have in my Lungs has decreased in size, and all the metastasis in my liver have gone...

I was so relieved, there was no explanation why the cancer had retreated away from my liver, and the doctors can not give me any answers as to why the cancer has gone from my liver because i was told this has never happened before.

I feel great hope inside, but I still feel anxiety, fear and pain. I am told the cancer has gone from my liver so I live in hope that I can carry on fighting this tedious, unpleasant, or monotonous cancer that is affecting my body, and my familys life. I think the reason I am doing so well is because I tell myself everyday that I dont have cancer and fight to stay with my husband and children.

How many more survivors are there in this world?

Last edited by flyme; 10-02-2009 at 09:29 AM.

Old 10-02-2009, 09:28 AM   #4
(female)

flyme HB User

I am surviving lung cancer also and this is 7 months for me. I have completed the chemo therpy of 6 treatments and now they want me to have brain raditation as a preventive. Have you had any of this and what do you know about it? Thanks for any help on this matter. The MRI showed no signs of cancer in the brain at this time.

Closed Thread