It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2009, 02:14 PM   #1
(female)

susiereid HB User
secondary liver cancer

hi anyone in the same boat,
my husband was diagnosed with bowel cancer approx.2006 he had the tumour removed and at the time they told us one of his lymph nodes was slightly enlarged so advised chemo tablet form i think it was something l.ike capacebitine excuse wrong spelling. this drug wiped him out totally and he could not even pick up a cup so after 15 weeks of a 24 week course they decided to take him off it and let him recouperate and see what happened.
everything was going well and we thought we were ok until february 08 when we were told it had then gone to his liver and that it was a terminal condition
he had more chemo through a pic line completed the course but they have told us there is not much more they can do.since then a hole has developed on the outside of his tummy and is leaking the most foul smelling liquid i think it is called a fistula.before this opened up on his tummy he was feeling pretty rough but it has since made him feel slightly better now this is leaving his system, so my question is has this happened to anyone you know and is it a sign of the end.any comments would be appreciated thanks sue

Old 07-16-2009, 05:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

zuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB Userzuzu8 HB User
Re: secondary liver cancer

I'm so terribly sorry to hear about your husband. I think you will get more help and support on the Colon and Rectal Cancer Board. Liver metastases are not uncommon with the kind of cancer your husband presented with.
Here's the link:
http://www.healthboards.com/boards/f...splay.php?f=24

My thoughts are with you- I'm sure there will be lots of folks on that board who can help.
zuzu xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread