It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-30-2010, 02:20 AM   #16
(female)

Janton HB User
Unhappy Re: Pancreatic Cancer

My poor mum was diagnosed 5 weeks ago....It was such a huge shock...
My husband & I were due to leave on a 17 night cruise the following day and had to cancel at the last minute so we could be there for her..They tried to preform a Whipple operation but unfortunately it had invaded the portal vein that leads to the liver so they took out her gall bladder and resected her stomach to 60cm (2 ft) of bowel..She has lost 25lb in 4 weeks.
My mum has always been so healthy and fit, like most people seem to be on this list prior to diagnosis..The surgeons said that the cancer has most likely been slowly growing for about 2 years...It seems to be very slow until it reaches the outer perimeters of the pancreas then accelerates very quickly.
I try to be so strong when I'm around her that by the time I leave I find myself crying by myself for the rest of the day...
I want so badly to turn back the clock or to wake up and things to be normal once more....When mum goes I'll still have my 87yo dad to care for...

Sometimes Life just isn't fair...

Hugs jan

Old 08-30-2010, 05:42 AM   #17
(female)

leonap HB User
Re: Pancreatic Cancer Final Stages

Im sorry.Time is of nothing.What is is what a wonderful,kind,caring,compassionate soul you have been to your mother.Comfort is care.It is sad to watch someone go through such an illness,but always remember the days that were fun,happy,joyful.You have been blessed in many ways that you might not realize now.God will take care ofyour mom.God will take care of you.Sending you and mom light and love. :0)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread