It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2010, 09:01 AM   #1
(female)

hoping well HB User
pancreatic cancer

my mother was diagnosed to have metastatic pancreatic cancer last march.the doctors tried to make her a whipple but they discovered that could not since cancer has spread into the liver.so she started to have treatment with gemzar her blood tests were good the markers(CA9-19) fell down from 20000 to 2664.the scanner showed that the liver was cured and the tumor in the pancreas was shrinked into half of its size.the doctor now will make her a radio therapy.

NOTE:MOM THANK GOD DID NOT FEEL ANY PAIN SINCE HER SECOND TREATMENT.SHE IS HAVING NORMAL LIFE THANK GOD.

can this case be cured?????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2010, 08:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB UserMel52 HB User
Re: pancreatic cancer

If the cancer is no longer in the liver,will they now do the whipple surgery? From what I understand, that is the only cure. Do ask the doctor what the prognosis is. If the cnacer is only in the tail of the pancreas they can cut that off. There is much more information needed. The doctor should be able to answer.
I am happy to hear your mom is doing well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-23-2010, 12:15 AM   #3
(female)

Janton HB User

I hope your mum continues improving with her treatment..That is fantastic news that her levels have gone down & that the tumor has shrunk... How old is your mum ???
My mum was diagnosed in late July and like your mum they couldn't perform the Whipple procedure.. She has just began her first treatment with Gemzar also...How many treatments of that did they give to your mum??
Then they also plan on the Radiotherapy (I think she'll have 2 weeks of 24/7 Chemo following her 8 weeks of gemzar ) that is to make the tumor more receptive to the radiation treatment.
Just stay positive & take things as they come...
Hugs Jan xox

Old 09-23-2010, 02:31 AM   #4
(female)

hoping well HB User

hi again they can't do the whipple since the tumor is in the body of the pancreas (in a sensitive area, my mom is 64 years old.i hope she will do well in radiotherapy and can get rid of this diseease, i am so terrified.hope the best to your mom too.

NOTE:I WAS TOLD THAT A PERSON WAS CURED FROM THE SAME DISEASE (SAME CASE) WITHOUT SURGERY BUT HE USED TO PRAY A LOT AND ASK GOD TO CURE HIM.HOPE THE SAME TO ALL SICK PEOPLE.

Old 09-23-2010, 04:16 AM   #5
(female)

Janton HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoping well View Post
hi again they can't do the whipple since the tumor is in the body of the pancreas (in a sensitive area, my mom is 64 years old.i hope she will do well in radiotherapy and can get rid of this diseease, i am so terrified.hope the best to your mom too.

NOTE:I WAS TOLD THAT A PERSON WAS CURED FROM THE SAME DISEASE (SAME CASE) WITHOUT SURGERY BUT HE USED TO PRAY A LOT AND ASK GOD TO CURE HIM.HOPE THE SAME TO ALL SICK PEOPLE.

Couldn't agree more

My mum's 77yo so age isn't on her side...But we'll fight this awful disease together and hope for a miracle..
When does your mum start her Radiotherapy?? I hope it goes well for her and that you'll have your mum around for many many years to come..

Hug's Jan xox

Old 09-23-2010, 06:12 AM   #6
(female)

hoping well HB User

my mom will start radiotherapy the first week of October i really hope for a miracle.but plz tell did the doctor tell her to avoid any kind of food???? is she diabetic???

Old 09-23-2010, 06:16 AM   #7
(female)

hoping well HB User

Old 09-24-2010, 01:52 AM   #8
(female)

Janton HB User

The Doctors actually told her to eat as much as she can of "Anything she fancies" she joked that she'd never been told that before by anybody lol
She is diabetic, but her blood levels seem pretty stable at the moment and she seems to stay around the 10.0 - 13.0 on average...
There main thing was to tell her to try and drink as much water etc as she can (Minimum 2 Litres per day on top of any coffee or other drinks)

Wish your mum well from me & I hope that she does well with her treatment...Has she received any separate chemo just prior to the radiotherapy (Mums got to have a bag strapped to her for 2 weeks (It gets refilled once a week at the hospital) thats when she finishes the 8 weeks she's on now weekly..?????

Closed Thread