It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2010, 07:34 PM   #1
(female)

char42 HB User
dying from liver cancer

please tell me the very last stage of dying.

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: char42
kazza1960 (10-28-2010), Miss Me (10-29-2010), phuongchinguyen (04-01-2011)
Old 10-22-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
(female)

kazza1960 HB User
Re: dying from liver cancer

its not dying, its merely passing over and when the time comes I am convinced "someone" is there taking you to the otherside. Have seen it on several occassions as the person who is waiting to pass over suddenly appears to be looking intently at "someone". This is usually the moment they let go. Please dont be fightened. We all fear the inevitable but I dont believe it is as bad as we all fear. Go peacefully towards the light xx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2010, 08:31 PM   #3
(female)

Miss Me HB User

My very dear friend just passed away after a year long journey... he was fairly good, but very weak, right up to the end. He continued to try to visit his workplace for 2 hrs or so each day and resisted pain meds as best he could. His wife said he spent only one day completely bedridden and peacefully slipped away while she held him in her arms and told him how much he was loved by all and that it was okay to leave this earth now. He accepted his fate and found peace in the Lord's blessing of eternal life. God bless.

The following user gives a hug of support to Miss Me:
Searchin (10-30-2010)
Old 10-30-2010, 12:11 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Searchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB UserSearchin HB User

I have a feeling you want more to be said than just talking about passing over. I really hesitate. Are you in pain now? Your liver enzymes will become more elevated and you will become more and more confused. Your inhibitions will leave you. At the final stage you will either be at home or in the hospital and you will be receiving morphine or some pain killer. It is likely that you will just take a breath and it will be over... I am so sorry this has happened to you. Is there no chance for a liver transplant? At least get on the list? Very sad, searchin

Old 10-31-2010, 04:40 PM   #5
(female)

Misssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB User

I can't tell if you are the one who is dying from liver cancer or if you are concerned about a friend or loved one. However, I just lost a friend to cancer that lastly invaded her liver. Most people that I had known with liver cancer did not live for more than 2 months after diagnoisis....However, my girlfriend lived 8 months after it traveled to her liver...Its all in attitude and desire to live. In her last days...she started to have no desire to eat, she started to be unable to poop, her pee became dark brown. She needed to be admitted to the hospital. In the hospital...they gave her fluids and she still had trouble peeing (pee'd very little). She went in and out of consciousness for about 5 days..and then she was unconscious for about 5 days before she passed away. While she was unconscious..we still visted her and talked to her...held her hand...fixed her hair for her...kept her comfortable. I'm sorry you or someone you care about is going thru this.

Last edited by Misssty; 10-31-2010 at 04:41 PM. Reason: added no desire to eat

Old 04-01-2011, 11:35 PM   #6
(female)

phuongchinguyen HB User

My mom was just diagnosed as a liver cancer... it was just 1 week ago.
I'm trying to convince myself that my mom will be okay later on, even though I know that disease would cause a very severe symptoms and then... pass away. I can understand what you are feeling now... not clearly, but somehow understand.
I'm afraid, too.
I'm really sorry to know and to hear about that.
God bless you...

Old 04-11-2011, 08:48 PM   #7
(male)

vtbongo HB User

I'm so sorry to hear you have liver cancer. My father just passed away from primary liver cancer two weeks ago. I can't speak for other people, but I can share how things progressed for my father.

He was diagnosed Nov 2010, right before Thanksgiving with two large masses measuring 8.7cm and 4.4 cm respectively. The largest tumor was in the center of the liver and was not invading any of the veins. The diagnosis was made through scans and blood work, the Alpha-Fetoprotein (AFP) level was 7,100+.

During the last month, my father experienced the following symptoms:
- tiredness (sleeping most of the day)
- slightly higher or lower temperature
- low blood pressure
- dizziness (most likley due to low blood pressure)
- jandice (bilirubin was at 9 last we checked)
- ascities (had a denver shunt, was taking furosemide and aldactone)
- exhaustion (can't sit up or walk to go to the bathroom)
- still had an appetite (atypical), but too tired to eat
- transitioned from solid diet to liquid diet, then barely anything, including water
-urine color was orangish yellow (be mindful if it's pepsi colored)
- blurry vision
- was very lucid (atypical)
- abdominal pain, especially near the liver area

During the last two days my father was alive, he had developed a particular smell, I can't describe it, but nurses at hospice are familiar with it, it suggests the end is near. We admitted my dad to hospice care less than 24 hours before he passed, which in hindsight we should have done much sooner. He was in much more pain than we knew; my father fought all the way to the end and wanted to avoid any additional drugs that would cloud his mind. Once he was settled in, I fed him his last meal of chicken noodle soup and vanilla ice cream. 18 hours later my dad passed away quietly in his sleep.

I hope this is helpful and again, I am so sorry.

The Following User Says Thank You to vtbongo For This Useful Post:
blkridr (05-21-2011)
Old 04-11-2011, 11:15 PM   #8
(male)

benmon HB User

I am so very very sorry that you have this horrendous disease. I HAD it last year. I had 18 months of agony, pain bloated stomach and legs and incredible stomach pains. I was healthy 13-1/2 Stone then after 9 months I was (9-1/2 stone. Jaundised completely Yellow and all bones and pain. I died once when I had a massive GI bleed (gastro internal) 5 doctors managed to save me! I had approx 4 weeks left to live! I was on my way home and got a call from a hospital in LEEDS (yorkshire 90 miles away) Can you get here in the next 3 hours we have a liver!!!! Please do not give up hope, I was hanging on instead of fading away,and look what happened to me. It is now 10 months and I have not had it Reject. It is not painful near the end I did not feel anythng apart from peace from all the pain. God be with you

Old 08-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #9
(female)

georgesonlywife HB User

I am sitting in a room at a Hospice. The love of my life has been diagnose with liver cancer, inoperable, due to the doctors not being thourough. We tried taking care of him at home but it was just too much for us and now at least one family member sits with him to make sure his needs are met because he doesn't remember to use the call light. I am an RN, but it never dawned on me that my dear husband could have cancer.
Georgesonlywife

Old 04-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #10
(female)

Ncmom2gr8kids HB User

Prayers sent up for your husband! It has to be hard on you and the famly as well! I will continue to pray for your family and God bless you all with a good night!

Closed Thread