It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2011, 09:47 AM   #1
(female)

Red Willow HB User
I have secondary liver cancer...

...and I am freaked out a little bit. I know I'm not the only one who has had this but this is happening to me and it is so surreal. They have me on Morphine and Vicodine for break through pain. They are sure they can get it via surgery which I understand is a very good thing. If they get it all..then I might not haveto have chemo. This is confusing to me because if this is a secondary cancer wouldn't chemo be a given? I just don't want to have to be looking over my shoulder for the rest of my life...but I suppose that is a given too. I would love to hear your ideas and thoughts! Thanks everyone...

Willow

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: Red Willow
bubblegirl (03-10-2011), phuongchinguyen (04-01-2011), resolution09 (03-20-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 09:39 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

bubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB Userbubblegirl HB User
Re: I have secondary liver cancer...

Willow I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with this!

Yes, it does seems strange to me also that they wouldn't give you chemo for a secondary! What was your primary cancer? Perhaps the origin of the primary cancer had some bearing on their decision...

Best of luck for the surgery & do let us know how you go!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2011, 10:40 PM   #3
(female)

phuongchinguyen HB User

My mother is surviving this kind of cancer... in the II part, too. She had a breast cancer as an original. She is given a chemo and doesn't allow to carry a surgery. I think because your tumor is not so big that you can recover from the surgery

Old 04-02-2011, 12:54 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Charlyssa HB UserCharlyssa HB UserCharlyssa HB UserCharlyssa HB User

i am sooo sorry, too, about your cancer. i am praying for you. i believe you should have chemo because there is always the chance of stray cancer cells. i also think radiation would be a good idea as with cancer, you need as much 'heavy artillery' as possible. all the best of wishes to you red willow.

char

Closed Thread