It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2011, 09:12 PM   #1
(female)

sxzwang HB User
please help with terminal liver cancer care questions!

I desparately need information on what to expect in terms of medical needs for the care for terminal liver cancer.

My mom was diagnosed with terminal metastatic liver cancer and was given 6 months at best. There is good possibility that it could be much shorter given that she was showing signs for liver failure. She lives in Canda and I live in US. Trying to figure out what the medical cost will be if we move her to US so she can spend her final months with her loved ones. Chances are she wont do any cancer treatment, just try to stay comfortable.

type of cancer related treatment? How frequent?
type of cancer related drugs? How frequent?
type of ongoing lab / imaging? How frequent?
likely number of ER visits?
likely number of hospital stay?
likely number of out-of-patient procedures?
likely number of in-patient procedures?
likely final day meds (morphine)? How frequent?
what does each hospice visit include? How frequent are they?

Any information will be much appreciated!!!

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Terminal Liver cancer- what are the signs it's nearly over? daddysgirl36 Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver 4 02-16-2011 03:49 AM
terminal liver cancer kimothy99 Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver 5 07-31-2008 12:17 PM
Step-dad diagnosed with liver cancer....how should I be feeling? BC10 Family & Friends of Cancer Patients 3 05-12-2007 03:57 PM
husband with stage4 liver cancer jan44 Family & Friends of Cancer Patients 5 08-11-2006 08:48 AM
please help me breast cancer ,bone and maybe liver cancer sharon 1973 Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver 20 07-19-2006 05:21 AM