It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2011, 01:15 PM   #1
(male)

Johnm88 HB User
Complete panic and devastation

Hello,

Just today, my grandmother was diagnosed with liver cancer. Now, I'm just 15 years old. My mother woke me up today and told me and it took some time to sink in but I started crying and crying as I found out more about it. My grandmother or grandfather dont even know yet!!!! My father and uncle are at the hospital freaking out!!!! My whole family is in total devastation!!!!!!! Now I don't know which liver cancer or what stage it's at, all I know is that I really love my grandmother and I'm scared and can't eat or sleep and I'm shaking I'm so scared!!!! I'd really love some reassuring thoughts and ideas please before I get sick myself from angst and worry!!!! I don't know what I'll do without her!!!!!

Old 08-18-2011, 01:27 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Complete panic and devastation

John I'm so sorry for this bad news!
Try to get as much information as you can before getting worried.....lets hope it's better than it sounds....sometimes people get the information wrong. Tell your grandmother you love her and be there for her. Maybe suggest to your parents that she get a 2nd opinion.
Hang in there. I'll keep my fingers crossed that she will be ok.

The Following User Says Thank You to rosequartz For This Useful Post:
Johnm88 (08-18-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #3
(male)

Johnm88 HB User
Smile

Thank you so so much for your post. It's because of people like you and attitude like that that the sick get healed. I will keep praying and praying for my grandmother. Thanks again for the support.

Old 08-18-2011, 01:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

How old is your grama, and what prompted her to go into the hospital? what symptoms does she have?

Old 08-18-2011, 02:04 PM   #5
(male)

Johnm88 HB User

My grandmother had back and stomach pain for a few months.... She has also lost some weight. She also has diabetes. She went to the clinic to see what it was and they sent her to the hospital. She's in her late 70's

Unfortunately, my mom just told me that it involved the pancreas, and not the liver. and now I am really really scared

Old 08-18-2011, 02:09 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

did they say it's definately cancer?
I'm hoping it's something less serious, like pancreatitis......
diabetes affects the pancreas, so maybe it's something diabetes related, but not cancer. See what else you can find out, before you think the worst.

Closed Thread