It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2011, 04:13 PM   #1
(female)

Jessicaaax HB User
20 yr old worried about (FHC) liver cancer

Background: Three years ago during a CT for my appendix, a 4.2 mass was found on my liver. My pediatric gastroentrologist said it was nothing to worry about. But about four months ago I ended up in the ER with severe abdominal pain. They did kidney tests and once again mentioned the mass on my liver and that further testing should be done. This past four months I've been experiencing abdominal pain, back pain, i've been very tired, feel full or pressure in my stomach, i have a very poor appetite and experiencing nausea. As of recently my stomach seems to be bloating or looks like its getting bigger as if I'm gaining weight but I haven't. I have a new gastroentrologist who sent me for another mri, these are the results. Can someone explain?

MRI OF THE ABDOMEN WITH AND WITHOUT IV CONTRAST
liver mass.
there is a 5.4 x 5.7 x 7.7 cm lobulated expansile enhancing mass involving the medial segment of the left hepatic lobe likely representing focal nodular hyperplasia with delayed enhancing central scar without appreciable significant change since last study. Although, the possibility of fibrolamellar hepatocellular carcinoma, a less aggressive type of hepatocellular carcinoma, cannot be completely excluded in this 20-year-old female, the mean age of which this tumor commonly occurred. If so desired, a sulfur colloid scan may be helpful in differentiating between focal nodular hyperplasia and fibrolamellar hepatocellular carcinoma. Additionally, correlation with alpha-fetoprotein may also be helpful. Otherwise, the remainder of the solid viscera are intact. There is no ascites or adenopathy.

Does anyone know of FNH having symptoms like the ones I am experiencing? Because as far as I've researched symptoms rarely occur in FNH and the ones I'm experiencing are seen in FHC.

Has anyone been through something like this or have any thoughts or advice...im just really scared and im still waiting for my doctor to get back to me. I have an appointment this upcoming Wednesday but I'm afraid that its going to get cancelled because of this stupid hurricane.

I'm just really scared and worried.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread