It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Pancreatic & Liver Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2011, 10:28 PM   #1
(female)

parsara HB User
Metastic cancer

Hi

Im new here to this board. I found out about a year ago that my cancer had spread to bone, lungs, pancreas, liver and ovaries, ect. Im not doing so well.

Funny thing was that before I knew it was that bad I was already taking chemo, for an unrelated condition, for RA. I stopped taking it because it was making me fall out, and too weak. I was sure it was killing me all by itself.

It was quite a shock for me finding out, because in my case a relative was asking the doctor not to tell me. It was a messy situation, that still needs to be resolved. Needless to say I quit seeing the Doc involved.

I know Im terminal, and am looking for ways to help cope, how to deal with my grown children when that time comes closer. I dont know that Im able to really communicate it to them. I just dont know how. I know they know Im sick, but we just dont talk about it, so much to face. I also have a daughter who I am worried about too, she also has some health issues. Its hard to find good care if you dont have alot of money. Its so hard at times. Weve been going through alot of changes in such a short time, its overwhelming at times.

Theres alot I want to know about, but Ill start by asking what people have done to help with the pain, ect. Im at the point where Im needing something so Im looking for recommendations, so far Ive been taking mild pain killers as needed.

Also what suggestions on how you deal with family members. What to expect towards the end of life. How to prepare, ect. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread