It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Prostate Message Board

High PSA and Negative Biopsy What Next???

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-06-2017, 05:47 PM   #31
Raveon
(male)

Raveon HB User
Re: High PSA and Negative Biopsy What Next???

Did they tell you the PSA has nothing to do with cancer what so ever and shouldn't be used as a test for that. The PSA is a size test only. The postrate grows with age unless controlled by healthy choices. The PCA3 test or the 4K Score test will show if there is any cause for concern. Biopics causes more problems than they find. Test for aggressive cancer you will out live slow growing cancer even if you live to 150. Good Luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-08-2017, 10:13 AM   #32
PaulLee
(male)

PaulLee HB User

Maybe you need a second opinion

Old 06-26-2017, 02:46 PM   #33
Max1822
(male)

Max1822 HB User

New Update:

Well after a lot of waxing and waning of my PSA over a year and the symptoms of BPH ( a large prostate), my latest PSA test showed a 3rd consecutive decline from 19.6, 14.6 to a 10.8 after 9 months. The last 6 months, I have been on Flomax which I feel has had some influence on lowering the psa as it helped ease my BPH syptoms. It is importnat to note that my prostate was measured at 96cc which has caused some of the problems with urgency, dribbling, stream, and emptying the bladder. Flomax seems to have eased most of these problem and may have had some credit for lowering my psa. With my large protstate, it is understood that a large amount of "good" PSA is expected but the roller coaster PSA ride has prompted me to continue to see my urologist every three months. My previous tests -biopsy and mpMRI were negative for pca. I will continue to post my experiences as my wild and wacky journey contiunues. Please feel free to ask me questions or share your thoughts about this. I hope to hear from those sharing similar experiences. Regards.

Old 06-28-2017, 11:28 AM   #34
IADT3since2000
Senior Veteran
(male)

IADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB User

Congratulations Max on that much lower PSA!

Thousands of studies have shown that PSA is such an excellent sentry in alerting us that something is amiss with the prostate, and a PSA pattern like yours is almost a classic version of what BPH and perhaps inflammation/infection can do to PSA in the absence of cancer. I hope and expect that your cancer tests, should you need them will continue to be negative. Meanwhile, technology continues to improve, such as the use of "multiparametric MRI" for assessing what is going on without a biopsy.

Old 06-28-2017, 02:46 PM   #35
Max1822
(male)

Max1822 HB User

Once again, thanks Jim. Yup, my urologist walked into the meeting room and said he liked my latest psa test number. He said we'll keep checking it now every 6 months instead of 3 since the number is going South. Im sure that if I have another monumental swing upwards in 6 months I will definitely insist on another Tesla 3 mpMRI before any suggestion of a repeat biopsy. My last mpMRI ( going on a little less than a year ago) was also negative. One point of discussion was my BPH symptoms, even though Flowmax is doing a good job I still have occasional early morning pee difficulties. Looks like I will have to live with that unless I want to take those prostate reduction meds like Proscar etc. Right now I'm in a happy place so I will carry on unless my BPH symptoms get worse in the future. Always enjoy hearing your thoughts and suggestions Jim. Regards Max.

Reply Reply