It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Prostate Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2003, 10:30 PM   #1

Cymidei Fier HB User
Angry Major Stomach Pain and Lump in Stomach HELP!!!!!!!

First off let me say that i have posted a few times on these boards about this and even after going to the doctor i still think he is not right if anyone here has the same thing please help.

About three years ago i noticed a Quarter sized lump in my stomach on the left side it feels like a rubber ball. So i waited a few months to see if it went away and nothing it did not get any bigger at all it is still the same size. Then about 1 year ago i got another lump but this lump is on my right arm this lump is about the size of a dime and feels like a rubber ball also. So i figure ok it's time for me to go to the doctor.

So i go to my doctor he feels the lump on my stomach and says oh this is just a cyst and is no concern and then he says the same thing about the lump on my arm. I ask him how can you be so sure with no test and he says because i am a doctor and know what cancer lumps feel like.

These lumps are under the skin and i am starting to think it is what is causing me so much pain.

I have had these lumps for over 3 years and the last 6 to 8 months i have been having major chest pains 24/7 that last all day and never go away i also get upset stomach all the time.. it's like my side where the lumps are at hurt the most does this sound like cancer to you guys? I am very worried. I also just recently got a lump in my right leg about the size of a pea that feels like a rubber ball also.

I am so worried please any advice will be great.

Also sometimes i will get sick for days around the stomach area and it makes me get to the point where i can't do anything.

oh i am 23 years old 220 pounds 6'3 tall

Last edited by Cymidei Fier; 12-02-2003 at 10:31 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2003, 11:47 PM   #2
Inactive

projapoti HB User
Re: Major Stomach Pain and Lump in Stomach HELP!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymidei Fier
First off let me say that i have posted a few times on these boards about this and even after going to the doctor i still think he is not right if anyone here has the same thing please help.

About three years ago i noticed a Quarter sized lump in my stomach on the left side it feels like a rubber ball. So i waited a few months to see if it went away and nothing it did not get any bigger at all it is still the same size. Then about 1 year ago i got another lump but this lump is on my right arm this lump is about the size of a dime and feels like a rubber ball also. So i figure ok it's time for me to go to the doctor.

So i go to my doctor he feels the lump on my stomach and says oh this is just a cyst and is no concern and then he says the same thing about the lump on my arm. I ask him how can you be so sure with no test and he says because i am a doctor and know what cancer lumps feel like.

These lumps are under the skin and i am starting to think it is what is causing me so much pain.

I have had these lumps for over 3 years and the last 6 to 8 months i have been having major chest pains 24/7 that last all day and never go away i also get upset stomach all the time.. it's like my side where the lumps are at hurt the most does this sound like cancer to you guys? I am very worried. I also just recently got a lump in my right leg about the size of a pea that feels like a rubber ball also.

Also sometimes i will get sick for days around the stomach area and it makes me get to the point where i can't do anything.

I notice you posted this in the prostate cancer thread--is there a reason for that? The fact that you tell us that your lump has been there for a long time and it feels rubbery gives two big pieces of evidence that it's not cancer. One thing that a lot of people forget to realize, though, when it comes to lumps is that there are a lot of other things that can cause lumps in the body aside from cancer. If you press any of them, does it leave a dent in the lump which eventually corrects itself? In that case, it could be a neurofibroma. It could also be a lipoma--a collection of fat underneath the surface of the skin. They could be lymph nodes, they could also be sebaceous cysts etc. etc.

I don't think these lumps are related to your chest pain or your upset stomach at all. Describe this chest pain to me. When did it start? What does it feel like? What makes it better? What makes it worse?

Also, what do you mean by upset stomach? Diarrhea? Vomiting?

Old 12-05-2003, 03:51 AM   #3

Cymidei Fier HB User

Quote:

I have had the chest pain for a long time and it last everyday nothing seems to help i went to the doctor for it and he said i am ok but having chest pain all day and night is not normal? is it?.

The chest pains feel like someone is hitting me really hard or feels like i get stabbed with something.

I wish i knew what was wrong with me yet the doctoe don't seem to think it is a big deal all i know is i never have felt so bad or sick for this many months .

Old 12-05-2003, 03:52 AM   #4

Cymidei Fier HB User

Quote:
I have had the chest pain for a long time and it last everyday nothing seems to help i went to the doctor for it and he said i am ok but having chest pain all day and night is not normal? is it?.

The chest pains feel like someone is hitting me really hard or feels like i get stabbed with something.

I wish i knew what was wrong with me yet the doctoe don't seem to think it is a big deal all i know is i never have felt so bad or sick for this many months .
oh also no the lumps don't dent in when i press on them

Old 09-10-2004, 10:01 AM   #5

rd360 HB User

Quote:

Ralph
I noticed you posted this in 2003.

I've been experiencing these lumps in my stomach also for about a year. I don't know what they are and they are making me really worried. I just went to the docter yesterday and he said it nothing that I will be ok. I didn't like that answer so i request some king of scan of my stomach. so today i have a cat scan. I don't know what a the answers going to be. But I had a conversation with some friends one who's brother had stomach cancer. she told me that he reject (kemo) and just change his diet, and now he eats organic vegitable nothing that contains yeast like breads, bear etc. and he does not eat meat either. well he beat the cancer without treatment. the reason they told me this may have work is because now he is not eating pestacides that are used to killed insect from eating the stored in the food. and steroids that are in our meats. The only advise I can give is give it a try for at least a month and see if there is any change. as of today I have started a new eating habbit. and for those of you with chest pain if you drink or eat sugar free stuff it contains asparitine which is linked to bodly pain, cancers and other symptoms. so you may want to looked that up.

Old 01-11-2005, 06:12 PM   #6
(male)

blktsinc HB User
Exclamation Re: Major Stomach Pain and Lump in Stomach HELP!!!!!!!

I donít know if you have found the answer to your problem. I am 30 years old. 6í3Ē and 240 lbs. back in late Sept. 2004 I had severe stomach pain. I would encounter similar pain at least once a year since I was around 22. I was diagnosed with having gastritis. However once the pain subsided I had a lump the size of my fist along the left side of my stomach. I went to the emergency room. I got a Dr. to run an ultra sound. They found out that I have hydronephrosis of the kidney. This is a common birth defect that in the last 10 to 15 years they have been able to recognize and correct within the first 7 weeks of a babies life. What it means roughly is that the kidney is not draining properly due to some sort of obstruction. Tests are done to locate the obstruction. The lump was a result of my left kidney holding 1 liter of urine. Because of my large frame I was masking the complication until now. Also prior to this I had never had a CAT scan or ultrasound because I looked perfectly healthy. They place a stint running from my kidney to my bladder to help it drain and I have had a series of test and they have determined that with the stint my left kidney can perform its job at around 15%. This is enough to keep the kidney however itís borderline. If you have not had a CAT Scan to date I would suggest you get one. Hope this helps. Reading your posting is what lead me to go to the emergency room.

Old 01-19-2005, 04:36 AM   #7
(female)

vonee HB User

About 3 years ago, my doc told me I had a ball of fat on my right lower side and she scheduled me some kind of test but I never went....so anyways, I've gained alot of weight and I feel sick all the time. She just looked at me and made this "diagnosis", so I'm like thinking how can she know just by lookin for only a moment? My stomach jumps around with spasms and sometimes it drives me crazy.......maybe it's nothin?

Old 09-26-2006, 12:31 AM   #8
(female)

eseagull HB User

I am a 22 year old female. I have a lump on my side that I've had since I was little and it has recently started bothering me. It gets irritated easily if it is rubbed or if pressure is applied. I also have a small lump on my leg. For years my doctor told me it is a baby fat deposit and I should not worry about it. He said that if I got it removed there will be a large scar and dent in my side. I would feel uncomfortable wearing a bathing suit so I never got it removed. I am now thinking about getting it tested by a more professional doctor just to make sure I will be able to live with it safely for the rest of my life. Thank you for posting this I had no idea other people have the same or similar issue that I do.

Closed Thread