It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Cancer: Prostate Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2005, 03:31 PM   #1
Senior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 162
Specialdee HB User
Angry Burning rectal pain during orgasm

Had rrp in June, 2003. Surgeon said he was able to spare the nerves. No spontaneous erections yet; no help from viagra, levitra, or cialis. I'm using VED regularly, and tried injection once. Injection was okay and not painful, but the thoughts of it are painful!! Has anyone, after rrp, had a burning sensation during orgasm? It's sort of like bits of hot lead are being thrown into the interior of my rectum. Just wondered if anyone else had this unpleasant sensation?? My doctor said he'd never heard of it.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 01-01-2005, 11:29 PM   #2
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: midwest
Posts: 431
positive4u HB User
Re: Burning rectal pain during orgasm

Specialdee-In the past as I was healing, I noticed quite a pain somewhat in the rectal area but more so where the urethra was rejoined to the bladder, probably from the forward & backward movement of the penis. This would also mean movement of the urethra & subsequent pressure on the reconnected area. I rarely ever experience this anymore.
Positive4U

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 01-02-2005, 05:26 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 103
rfj120 HB User
Re: Burning rectal pain during orgasm

I very occasionally experience pain in the area of the prostate. It usually occurs a short time after orgasm, not during it. I'd describe it more as a stinging sensation than a burning. It's not usually more than unpleasant, not disabling, and it usually lasts only a short time. (Maybe 10 or 15 minutes.) I've never asked about it, but I see my uro again in about a month so perhaps I'll bring it up.

I have never used a VED and wonder if the burning you experience has any link. Do you have the same senstaion if you orgasm without erection?

I have been using injection therapy for 7 or 8 months and when it works it's wonderful, so it seems worth the bother. But, despite the practice, I still have maybe a 25-30 per cent failure rate, which is very discouraging. What kind of results have you had with the VED? Do you get consistent reactions? And how long typically does your erection last?

Last edited by rfj120; 01-02-2005 at 05:29 AM.

 
Old 01-02-2005, 05:50 AM   #4
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Collingwood, Ontario
Posts: 3
eville HB User
Re: Burning rectal pain during orgasm

I've also felt the burning sensation you've described but only during and immediately after orgasm. It is more a strong discomfort rather than a pain and quickly went away.

My prostate removal occured 16 months ago and this feeling dimished gradually to the point now it's not consistently there and when it is it's barely noticeable.

The location was more in the bladder/urethra reconnect spot than around the rectum. I also noticed that the more intense the orgasm the stronger the feeling.

Hope this helps. Hopefully your sensation will also go away with some time.

 
Old 01-02-2005, 07:42 AM   #5
Senior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 162
Specialdee HB User
Re: Burning rectal pain during orgasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfj120
I very occasionally experience pain in the area of the prostate. It usually occurs a short time after orgasm, not during it. I'd describe it more as a stinging sensation than a burning. It's not usually more than unpleasant, not disabling, and it usually lasts only a short time. (Maybe 10 or 15 minutes.) I've never asked about it, but I see my uro again in about a month so perhaps I'll bring it up.

I have never used a VED and wonder if the burning you experience has any link. Do you have the same senstaion if you orgasm without erection?

I have been using injection therapy for 7 or 8 months and when it works it's wonderful, so it seems worth the bother. But, despite the practice, I still have maybe a 25-30 per cent failure rate, which is very discouraging. What kind of results have you had with the VED? Do you get consistent reactions? And how long typically does your erection last?
Thanks for your response. Thankfully, my unpleasant feeling is very short in duration, even less than the 10-15 minutes you mentioned. The burning sensation is the same regardless of the VED usage, or orgasm without erection. The VED provides 100% consistency and the erection lasts until you remove the strong rubber bands that maintain the erection once the VED has drawn the necessary blood into the penis for the erection to happen. Biggest problem with the VED: my scar had a bad place at the very "south" end of it and when I applied the rubber bands, it was uncomfortable. Fortunately, that problem is going away. I checked out Alprox-TD. It looks to be a good alternative, but I can't find out if it's on the market yet.

 
Old 01-02-2005, 07:45 AM   #6
Senior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 162
Specialdee HB User
Re: Burning rectal pain during orgasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfj120
I very occasionally experience pain in the area of the prostate. It usually occurs a short time after orgasm, not during it. I'd describe it more as a stinging sensation than a burning. It's not usually more than unpleasant, not disabling, and it usually lasts only a short time. (Maybe 10 or 15 minutes.) I've never asked about it, but I see my uro again in about a month so perhaps I'll bring it up.

I have never used a VED and wonder if the burning you experience has any link. Do you have the same senstaion if you orgasm without erection?

I have been using injection therapy for 7 or 8 months and when it works it's wonderful, so it seems worth the bother. But, despite the practice, I still have maybe a 25-30 per cent failure rate, which is very discouraging. What kind of results have you had with the VED? Do you get consistent reactions? And how long typically does your erection last?

 
Old 01-02-2005, 07:53 AM   #7
Senior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 162
Specialdee HB User
Re: Burning rectal pain during orgasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by eville
I've also felt the burning sensation you've described but only during and immediately after orgasm. It is more a strong discomfort rather than a pain and quickly went away.

My prostate removal occured 16 months ago and this feeling dimished gradually to the point now it's not consistently there and when it is it's barely noticeable.

The location was more in the bladder/urethra reconnect spot than around the rectum. I also noticed that the more intense the orgasm the stronger the feeling.

Hope this helps. Hopefully your sensation will also go away with some time.
This sounds like my problem. Your experience pretty much mirrors mine, except my discomfort is still very consistent, but fortunately of very short duration. It takes away part of the joy of a good completion.

 
Old 01-02-2005, 07:12 PM   #8
Senior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 162
Specialdee HB User
Re: Burning rectal pain during orgasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by positive4u
Specialdee-In the past as I was healing, I noticed quite a pain somewhat in the rectal area but more so where the urethra was rejoined to the bladder, probably from the forward & backward movement of the penis. This would also mean movement of the urethra & subsequent pressure on the reconnected area. I rarely ever experience this anymore.
Positive4U
Thanks. Your message is very encouraging.

 
Old 01-03-2005, 06:23 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 103
rfj120 HB User
Re: Burning rectal pain during orgasm

I appreciate your comments, specialdee. My uro has offered me a loaner VED in the past to check it out so perhaps I will ask to give it a try when I see him next month. I had understood the rings should stay on only half an hour so. Do you impose any kind of limit either to duration of erection or frequency of use? Mind you I was told to keep the erection with injections to under an hour but I have had them last up to four hour without any ill effect. I've also been told not to inject more than once in a 48-hour period, even if the first attempt fails. I've followed that advice but I've heard from otehrs who have used every 24 hours without a problem.

As I said, the injection can produce spectacular results but its not without its failures and frustrations. I expect the needle may be a bit more discrete than the VED but it is always a bit stressful, both because of the initial discomfort and the fear of failure.

 
Old 01-03-2005, 07:14 AM   #10
Senior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 162
Specialdee HB User
Re: Burning rectal pain during orgasm

rfj120 - I haven't really thought much about the length of time the rings are in place, but I am aware that it should be limited to about 30 minutes, and that generally if sufficient. I'd guess they usually are in place for about that length of time. Where do you get the material for the injections, and how much does it cost? Any knowledge yet of Alprox-TD, which is supposed to work with one drop allowed to fall into the end of the penis. The VED takes a while to get used to, and as with all other helps, takes away any spontaniety from sex. Re: the burning I have, my doctor said he could give me steroids to see if that helped. Shoulda told him I didn't want to play ball; I wanted to have sex!!!

 
Old 01-05-2005, 03:13 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 103
rfj120 HB User
Re: Burning rectal pain during orgasm

Thanks again, SD. I hope you don't mind all the questions. I'm been curious about the VED but haven't had much chance to talk to a user. How long does it take to achieve an erection when you apply the VED? Does your partner participate or do you usually use it in private? My partner is an angel and is more than willing to help but I find the injection process humiliating enough and so far have always done it behind closed doors.

I inject the tri-mix, which seems to be more effective and have less side effects than the individual drugs. The downside is it has a short shelf life and most pharmacies do not carry it. In my city there are just two hospital pharmacies that supply it. It needs constant refrigeration and expires in about six months. I just picked up a 4 ml bottle for $48 Canadian. It's small bottle but only a small amount of med is required (I use 7-9 units) so it goes a long way: a lot cheaper than Viagra. I was pleasantly surpised that my drug plan covered it: it doesn't cover Viagra or the other oral meds. The needles are standard ultra fine insulin-type needles and cost just a few dollars a dozen.

I've heard of the research on Alprox-TD -- I believe clinical trials were underway -- but not much more. Given the lack of information I'm wondering how successful they are. I believe another manufacturer was testing some kind of cream or ointment for application externally, but no more on that either. I am concerned whether these meds, if successful, would carry any side effects for the partner. I know the penile suppository (which I've never tried) apparently causes some women a burning sensation when residual medication transfers from penis to vagina.

 
Old 01-05-2005, 01:58 PM   #12
Senior Member
(male)
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Alabama
Posts: 162
Specialdee HB User
Smile Re: Burning rectal pain during orgasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfj120
Thanks again, SD. I hope you don't mind all the questions. I'm been curious about the VED but haven't had much chance to talk to a user. How long does it take to achieve an erection when you apply the VED? Does your partner participate or do you usually use it in private? My partner is an angel and is more than willing to help but I find the injection process humiliating enough and so far have always done it behind closed doors.

I inject the tri-mix, which seems to be more effective and have less side effects than the individual drugs. The downside is it has a short shelf life and most pharmacies do not carry it. In my city there are just two hospital pharmacies that supply it. It needs constant refrigeration and expires in about six months. I just picked up a 4 ml bottle for $48 Canadian. It's small bottle but only a small amount of med is required (I use 7-9 units) so it goes a long way: a lot cheaper than Viagra. I was pleasantly surpised that my drug plan covered it: it doesn't cover Viagra or the other oral meds. The needles are standard ultra fine insulin-type needles and cost just a few dollars a dozen.

I've heard of the research on Alprox-TD -- I believe clinical trials were underway -- but not much more. Given the lack of information I'm wondering how successful they are. I believe another manufacturer was testing some kind of cream or ointment for application externally, but no more on that either. I am concerned whether these meds, if successful, would carry any side effects for the partner. I know the penile suppository (which I've never tried) apparently causes some women a burning sensation when residual medication transfers from penis to vagina.
TO rfj120 - The VED process takes about three or four minutes once you get the hang of it. It takes some practice to get all the steps right. It is not complicated, but you'll need to follow the directions pretty closely. If your uro loans you one and doesn't provide instructions, you can find them on the internet. I usually "pump up" in the bathroom, simply as a result of having a way to keep cleaning the excess lubricant that is a vital part of the process. There's no way your partner can help you. This part of the act is not a "team sport". It would be like having someone help you shave. The rings that maintain the erection are very tight. If they aren't, the erection goes away. Told my uro it was like having a great looking meal on the table, and just as you get ready to dine, someone puts a tight rope around your neck. But...it does work, and I'm very, VERY appreciative for mine. By the way, my insurance company paid most of the cost of mine. If you have any more questions, please fire away. Just glad to try to help!

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Rectal discomfort/pain after orgasm Misk Sexual Health - Men 2 09-28-2009 11:33 AM
Rectal Pain only during periods after IUD placement. NightLilly Women's Health 1 09-12-2008 09:23 AM
rectal burning during orgasm marks2854 Cancer: Prostate 0 07-03-2008 10:07 AM
Rectal Burning Lasting Months jenl2881 General Health 2 06-25-2006 06:33 AM
Discharge seminal fluid during Rectal Exam? Filippo1963 Men's Health 2 05-15-2006 06:09 AM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Sign Up Today!

Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

I want my free account

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:40 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!