It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Prostate Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2008, 05:02 AM   #1
(female)

goody HB User
Bleeding after biopsy

My uncle had his biopsy yesterday and they took 12 cores. His prostate was normal size and the doctor said he did not see anything unusual via the ultrasound. When asked if that was a good sign he said he wished he could say it was but we won't know anything until the results come back in 2 weeks. If he finds out sooner he will call. My question is approximately how long does the bleeding usually last? My uncle has had his shoulder replaced and has bad knees and is on medication for his joint pain but cannot resume taking it until the bleeding has stopped.
Thanks again for your help

Old 03-21-2008, 06:06 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

able5 HB User
Re: Bleeding after biopsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by goody View Post
My uncle had his biopsy yesterday and they took 12 cores. His prostate was normal size and the doctor said he did not see anything unusual via the ultrasound. When asked if that was a good sign he said he wished he could say it was but we won't know anything until the results come back in 2 weeks. If he finds out sooner he will call. My question is approximately how long does the bleeding usually last? My uncle has had his shoulder replaced and has bad knees and is on medication for his joint pain but cannot resume taking it until the bleeding has stopped.
With regard to my prostate biopsy experience, I can only speak about the bleeding that shows itself in the semen. Since I had no other type of bleeding, I can not comment on things like blood in the stool, bleeding from the rectum or blood in the urine. In my case, the blood in my semen was evident immediately after the biopsy procedure and it gradually showed less and less until it was gone in about 6 days.

You need to better explain the exact type of bleeding that he's having.

Last edited by able5; 03-21-2008 at 06:07 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2008, 07:47 AM   #3
(male)

tumbleweed HB Usertumbleweed HB Usertumbleweed HB User

My experience is the same as Able's

Old 03-21-2008, 10:06 AM   #4
(male)

GBINAB HB User

Quote:
It should take abut one week to stop bleding .. in my case i tried t g rid of my seaman blood by increasing mastrbation and running out all the blood i a shorter time , BUT it is norma t bleed in a Urine, stool and seaman for one to 2 week after biopy (i had 4 of thm taken bfore i was tested positive)

Hang in there ..
GB

Old 03-22-2008, 06:19 AM   #5
(female)

goody HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by able5 View Post
With regard to my prostate biopsy experience, I can only speak about the bleeding that shows itself in the semen. Since I had no other type of bleeding, I can not comment on things like blood in the stool, bleeding from the rectum or blood in the urine. In my case, the blood in my semen was evident immediately after the biopsy procedure and it gradually showed less and less until it was gone in about 6 days.

You need to better explain the exact type of bleeding that he's having.
I don't always get the fine details. My information comes from my mom (my uncle's sister). She told me there would be blood in urine and from rectum. He is feeling well after the biopsy, just his joints hurt because he has been off his regular medication since a week before the biopsy and tylenol really doesn't help. Thanks again

Old 03-22-2008, 07:28 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

daff HB User

Quote:
I don't always get the fine details. My information comes from my mom (my uncle's sister). She told me there would be blood in urine and from rectum. He is feeling well after the biopsy, just his joints hurt because he has been off his regular medication since a week before the biopsy and tylenol really doesn't help. Thanks again
I just read what Dr. Patrick Walsh said about bleeding after the biopsy. Basically, the blood in the urine and from the rectum should not last more than a day or two. If there's still blood in the urine after 5 days, it could be time to call the doctor. Ditto if from the rectum after 2-3 days. Blood can be in ejaculate for several months though.

Old 03-24-2008, 05:09 AM   #7
(female)

goody HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by daff View Post
I just read what Dr. Patrick Walsh said about bleeding after the biopsy. Basically, the blood in the urine and from the rectum should not last more than a day or two. If there's still blood in the urine after 5 days, it could be time to call the doctor. Ditto if from the rectum after 2-3 days. Blood can be in ejaculate for several months though.
Thanks Daff, urine is clear but still has bleeding from rectum. If it is not better today he will call doctor. Is 2 weeks longer than usual for test results? I family friend who had prostate cancer told me on Easter his results only took 4 days.
Thanks

Old 03-24-2008, 06:16 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

daff HB User

Quote:
Thanks Daff, urine is clear but still has bleeding from rectum. If it is not better today he will call doctor. Is 2 weeks longer than usual for test results? I family friend who had prostate cancer told me on Easter his results only took 4 days.
Thanks
I think biopsy results are normally available in much less than two weeks-- I'd say a week is more like it. Hopefully the results will be favorable. Please let us know.

Closed Thread