It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Prostate Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2010, 10:09 AM   #1
(male)

principal96 HB User
Awaiting biopsy results

Just had my second biopsy last week after treatment close to three years ago with HIFU, awaiting results today, they had results to days ago and will not tell me over the phone, I have called several times to no avail, this is not my first rodeo with this which makes me even more anxious. He wants to meet with me for half an hour to an hour today. A phone call would help just to let me know where I stand instead of stressing me out. Am I being a bad patient?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2010, 11:01 AM   #2
(male)

Gleason9 HB UserGleason9 HB UserGleason9 HB UserGleason9 HB UserGleason9 HB UserGleason9 HB UserGleason9 HB User
Re: Awaiting biopsy results

I personally don't think there is any reason to refuse a patient request for test results, whether in person or over the phone. I'm starting to think that whenever I have a test, I should sign the release and ask that the I be placed on the list to receive the results. In the long run, it makes it easier should I ever need to consult a different physician, as I then have the records right on hand to fax as needed.

Of late, I decided to consult with a doctor in California and had to spend over a week getting all the records that I could have had on hand had I thought ahead.

I hope all goes well with your consultation.

Tom

The Following User Says Thank You to Gleason9 For This Useful Post:
principal96 (12-02-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread