It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Prostate Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2011, 12:18 PM   #1
(male)

Pennybug HB User
head cold or allergy symptoms with Lupron

I have a off and on head cold or allergy symptoms of late and neither cold or allergy medications seem to help. Was wondering if anyone else has had these symptoms as they are driving me crazy and are by far much more annoying than the hot flashes I have which are bad enough.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

IADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB UserIADT3since2000 HB User
Re: head cold or allergy symptoms with Lupron

Hi Pennybug,

I've been paying attention to information about hormonal therapy, including Lupron, for a dozen years now, and I have never heard of head cold and allergy symptoms being associated with Lupron or any aspect of androgen deprivation therapy.

Here's my personal experience. Lupron has been the foundation of my intermittent triple blockade program, and I have been on Lupron for a total of 69 months, intermittently, starting in December 1999. During that time I usually experienced one or two colds a year, sometimes none; I seemed to be healthier than my coworkers. I have been under allergy treatment for decades - long before I was diagnosed. My allergies got no worse during the Lupron treatment periods. In fact, I was able to stop getting injections and switch totally over to medication perhaps a half dozen years ago.

If you come across any solid information that there is a connection between Lupron and such symptoms for some patients, please bring it to the Board.

Have you considered a food allergy as the cause of your symptoms? That might explain the on and off aspect.

About the hot flashes, what are you doing to counter them? Are you familiar with countermeasures that often help?

Take care,

Jim

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread