It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Prostate Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2012, 09:41 AM   #1
(male)

cw39 HB Usercw39 HB User
Can't empty bladder

I Had robotic prostatectomy about 3 weeks ago and don't seem to be able to completely empty my bladder especially at night, I get up and go and soon as I lay back down I have to go again, is this normal and will eventually heal with everything else?

The Following User Says Thank You to cw39 For This Useful Post:
combine20 (03-27-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2012, 09:54 AM   #2
(female)

seb1022 HB User
Re: Can't empty bladder

ok so i have no idea about the surgery u had but did u get checked for a UTI? are the symptoms similar?? cranberry supplements pills are great for bladder health, also there are teas that help with this. i would try those, but you have to be consistent! some of them say to take 3 to 4 times a day. cranberry helps flush out the kidneys which is in relation to the urinary tract. talk to your doctor, if he has nothing....try these.

Last edited by Administrator; 09-16-2014 at 09:28 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2012, 11:36 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Tall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB User

Urinary retention can be very serious. If you are only able to empty small amounts or none of the liquid you are taking in, get to the ER immediately for catheterization. If it is not that serious, ask your doctor for a scrip for Rapaflo (an alpha-blocker). There may be scar tissue from a tear in the urethra and/or narrowing of it from the inflammation of an infection in it from the catheter you had in. Your doctor can check for those. In the meantime, control your fluid intake and avoid kidney stimulants including caffeine and acidic liquids like cranberry juice, soda, and fruit juices -- that's the last thing you need when you can't empty your bladder. Call your doctor.

- Allen

Old 03-13-2012, 05:54 AM   #4
(male)

tumbleweed HB Usertumbleweed HB Usertumbleweed HB User

You can get self administered catheters which are simple, quick and effective, it was suggested to me that one could be used last thing at night to make sure the bladder was empty in the hope of getting a prolonged sleep.

Closed Thread