It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Prostate Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2012, 12:33 AM   #1
(male)

GUAMJOHN HB UserGUAMJOHN HB UserGUAMJOHN HB User
Fereheme MRI Identifies PC location

A little history.

Diagnosed seven and a half years ago. PSA pre op 45. Gleason 9. RP a little over 7 yrs ago followed 4 months later with radiation. Two rounds of Hormone blockade. Went off Lupron and Casodex 2 yrs ago and PSA rose to 4 .4 as of the end of May 2012. Maintained Avodart while off.

I decided to visit Sand Lake on the advice of Dr Myers and had some scans done second week of June. I know some of you have been watching the work done by Myers, Bravo and Dattoli.

Discussed results of F-18 bone Scan and Fereheme MRI with both DR Bravo and Dr Myers.

The bone scan was clear.

PC identified in retroperitoneal and left common iliac lymph nodes by fereheme mri. These were not identified by standard MRI, Pet Scans etc. Both Drs felt this was treatable. Dr Myers suggested knocking back PSA, 4-6 months on triple blockade then visiting Dr Dattoli.

This will be the next step. Is it possible this will deal the PC a substantial blow in spite of the previous negative prognosis by others? They seem to think so. It is good news and offers us a new perspective on where I am. We will keep thinking positive and press forward.

John

Last edited by moderator2; 07-08-2012 at 06:12 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to GUAMJOHN:
Baptista (07-08-2012)
Old 07-07-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Tall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB User
Re: Fereheme MRI Identifies PC location

Congratulations on that great news, John. As you know, they believe that oligometastatic disease if there are 5 or fewer mets is curable. This is groundbreaking stuff, so please keep us all informed.

- Allen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-08-2012, 04:14 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Baptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB UserBaptista HB User

My Friend

I believe you are in the right path.
Best wishes for a successful outcome.

Regards
Batista

Last edited by moderator2; 07-08-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Old 07-08-2012, 04:21 PM   #4
(male)

Gl80mets HB User

Hi John:

I am in a very similar state as you that is why I've inquired on this board and a couple others about this type of treatment. Other than Snuffy (and Dattoli) many medoncs are averse to treating nodes this way as they would say the disease is systemic.

Given I too have had prior radiation I wonder about too much radiation.
The hope of a durable response or even a cure is very encouraging.

All the best!

Last edited by moderator2; 07-08-2012 at 06:11 PM.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:41 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

honda50 HB Userhonda50 HB Userhonda50 HB Userhonda50 HB Userhonda50 HB Userhonda50 HB User

Thanks for your update, John. Your situation gives hope and you're one at the leading end of this. We'll all hope for the best.

Good Luck.

Rhonda

Closed Thread