It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Prostate Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
(male)

patient202 HB Userpatient202 HB Userpatient202 HB Userpatient202 HB User
Thumbs up My ongoing nightmare:

Well, it has been awhile since I have been on the board and quite a bit has happened. For the first time in over three years things seem to be moving in a positive direction.

I finally had the urethra reconstruction. It was a huge procedure, ten hours on the table, then three months waiting for the verdict. The doctor finally pronounced me healed and sealed. I will see the doctors again in October, one more test and hopefully they will schedule the closure of my colostomy.

On the down side I have serious urinary incontinence. I am forced to use the "dreaded" Cunningham clamp, and of course diapers. It is like a form of medieval torture. A constant aggravation!

I have already read the literature on the artificial sphincter implant. As soon as I am healed from the reversal of the colostomy, I'll be getting the implant. It won't be soon enough to make me happy. After all the radiation, I am finding healing to be a slow process. My surgery was May 7th and we are still waiting for things to heal completely where the rectal wall was repaired.

On the positive side my PSA is still undetectable.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: patient202
Baptista (09-10-2012), harpman (09-19-2012)
Old 09-09-2012, 04:41 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

Tall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB UserTall Allen HB User
Re: My ongoing nightmare:

Thanks for the update. I've heard great things about the new sphincters from guys who have them, and I'm hoping it will work as well for you. I hope at least one of the many doctors you've seen is doing an investigation as to why it all went so wrong for you. Not to cast blame, but just to learn from your experience. It would be good if your trial could at least help others and prevent it in the future.

- Allen

The Following User Says Thank You to Tall Allen For This Useful Post:
patient202 (09-12-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
cunningham clamp, radiation toxicity, urethra reconstruction