It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Rectal & Anal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2004, 07:54 PM   #1

j0hns HB User
Mild constant rectal/anus pain combined with diarrhea

I started running every night a week ago. Out of the blue I was having diarrhea. Then yesterday I started having constant rectal/anal pain (just sore really). I looked up the area of my pain in a diagram and am guessing rectal.

So my symptoms are:
1)Diarrhea (no bleeding)

2)Rectal pain that hasn't stopped for 24 hours (not horrible pain but its sore, I slept fine last night.)

3)I possibly feel the urge to have movements constantly. It may just be diarrhea. I read that Ulcerative Proctitis makes you want to have movements.

4)Other than the rectal pain I am perfectly healthy.

Basically, I don't have my insurance card, my mom does. And I don't want to tell her whats happening so I can go the doctor unless I absolutely need to. She's a blabber mouth and my whole family and extended family would hear about this. I've read about Chrone's and the Ulceratives but is there ever just an inflamation of the rectum that causes dull pain and diarrhea that "cures itself?"

Like food poisoning or something?

Thanks.

Edit: I should also mention I lifted about 30 boxes up stairs about 3 days ago. I'm not sure if hemeroids causes diarrhea.

Last edited by j0hns; 07-23-2004 at 07:55 PM.

Old 07-23-2004, 08:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User
Re: Mild constant rectal/anus pain combined with diarrhea

I would suggest yu go to the doctor. He can tell if it's hemroids...I had an aunt that had colon cancer and she said one of the symtoms was constant urge to go to the bathroom.......I always remembered that. So, please go see your doctor.......who cares if your mom blabs to everyone......if it's nothing you'll be happy! If it's something, you won't even think about what other people know. You'll just want to get fixed!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2004, 09:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

jaydees HB User

I had rectal cancer and although I did have the urge to go a lot it was due to the partial blockage in the rectum. It came on very slowly and johns says this came on suddenly. Cancer grows slowly. 'roids however can get inflamed quickly and the extra irritation from running could have set them aflame. The diarreha could be your bowel's reaction to the urge to go which could be the result of hemmerhoids irritating the nerve that gives you the sensation that you need to "go".

Try preparation H suppositories. Yes I know it's yuchhy and gross but buy both the suppositories and the ointment. Put a drop of ointment on the rounded end of the suppository. That helps in getting it in. It will feel like you have a greasey butt and is not a great feeling but if it is hemmerhoids the pain should go down over a few days as they shrink. If it has no effect or if the pain gets worse you must see a doctor. The embarassment of having everyone know you have bum problems is pretty minor compared to being truly, seriously ill.

Old 07-23-2004, 10:04 PM   #4

j0hns HB User

Thanks guys. I'll give it a couple more days and if its still bad I'll try the suppositories JD said.

If that doesn't work its doctor time.

Closed Thread