It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Rectal & Anal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2005, 06:34 AM   #1
(male)

Jiveturkeys HB User
I think I have waited too long??

I am a 28 yo male and all my life I have struggled with severe constipation to the point where on occassion I felt like I was giving birth when going #2. Up until the age I was 15 or so I was always too busy to go and would hold it back for a time that was convinient and I think now I am paying the price.

I have never been diagnosed with hemorroids b/c I havent been to the doc but dont have anything hangin out my rear. I do have rectal itching on occassion and bleeding (while having a constipated episode) on occassion.

When I was 21, one time I noticed bright red blood on my stool and dripping in the toilet while I was constipated, but it went away so I thought internal hemorroids and that was that. For the next five or so years, I spent trying to control my constipation and the times I was constipated or had big diameter BM's, I would noticed a bright red stripe down the stool or blood on the side of the constipated balls of stool.

For the past two years, I have got my constipation controlled with the help of fiber and a product made from lane labs called H2GO. It is magnesium oxide and brings water to the colon. It has worked when nothing else did and supposedly completelty safe. In those two years since my bad constipation, I can count on one hand how many times that I have actually bled when having a BM. And the bleeding wasn't that much.

I need to mention that every time I bled while having a BM, I could feel a sticking sensation at my rectum as the stool starting to exit. Sometimes the sticking or *****ly feeling was bad and sometimes it was gentle, but I knew if I felt that sensation that there was a guarantee there would be bright red blood on the paper. Another thing is that sometimes my BM's are either big in diameter or constipated at the very first of the BM and then get normal size and soft at the end of the same BM and here recently has been what triggered the blood on the paper and brings back up my worries.

90% of the time my stools are soft now, so I usually don't have any complaints, but have noticed when they are really soft, they sometimes will have "flat side" down a couple of sides instead of being completely round???

The reason I'm posting this is because it has been 7 yrs since the first time I noticed the blood and I haven't been to the doctor yet. The only symptoms I have ever had is occassional blood with constipation and some anal itching, but in the last two years only noticed it 3 or 4 times. Never any dark, tarry stools. I worried that if it is rectal cancer that I may be in deep trouble by now after 7 years and would just assume not find out the damage.

As far as my health goes, I am 6'2 180 lbs and I am in great health otherwise and have religously attended the gym 4 days a week for the past 8 years. I have never looked or felt any better.

Please help me, I am very concerned and scared.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2005, 12:07 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Mazrose HB User
Re: I think I have waited too long??

Jiveturkeys

The only way you can be sure is to have a colonoscopy done !!!!! Get your gp to refer you to a GI and get the test doen. Its no biggy and at least you will be knowing one way or the other. Dont let them tell you that you are too Young. CD on this board was only 31. So please get the test done.
Take care and chin up
(Hugs)
\Maz

Old 08-19-2005, 01:13 PM   #3
(female)

sammypt HB User
Re: I think I have waited too long??

Jiveturkeys

I agree with Mazrose, I was just diagnosed with a 2 inch tumor in my colone on 8/9/05. and I am only the ripe age of 30. I also had a lot of constipation, occasional blood or mucous in the stool, not a lot, but it was there and I neglected it and the changes in bowel habits; until one night I had a huge change and a copious amount of blood which ended me up in the ER, the doc there tried to blow me off and tell me the blood and symptoms were from a hemmorhoid, but I pushed to have the colonoscopy and now I am glad I did.

You can spend the next 7 years wondering if it's too late or you can have a fairly simple procedure and know how to tackle what you are dealing with. Most colon cancers are very slow growing. Believe me I know it's scary, but it is easier to cope with once you know what you are coping wiht. Good luck

Closed Thread