It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Rectal & Anal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
(female)

melissa1873 HB User
Will someone shed some light? ANYTHING.

I approached the doctor a couple days ago with severe/debilitating anal/intestinal cramping. A digital rectal exam was done by her. She discovered something abnormal. After the appointment I decided to attempt to feel this abnormality. I did. There is a large/very hard/ mass on the anterior wall off my rectum about 3" inside. Even beyond that is something else not quite as hard. The hard mass feels like what a swollen gland would feel like in my opinion. It feels afixed...like it doesnt move. The other thing beyond that feels flexible. There is no discomfort upon palpation.

I'm scheduled for colonoscopy and ultrasound in a month.

My history is of course, the cramping, labia pain, rectum aching, diahrea. I do have a history of diverticulosis and there is a colon cancer history in my family...however not immediate family. I'm in my late 30's and female.

Please...anything! I HATE having to wait a month to get answers. I'm a figure it out NOW gal!

Old 04-03-2010, 06:14 PM   #2
(male)

AZander HB User
Re: Will someone shed some light? ANYTHING.

Hey Mel,

I know that feeling of impatience and am sorry you have to wait so long! The thing is, it could be a number of things which is the reason why a colonoscopy is so important for proper diagnosis. Did your doctor give you any ideas what it might be? Maybe a stage 1 internal hemorrhoid? If you have had children in the past it could very well be a HIGH possibility. The best thing you can do is to not worry yourself silly over it by keeping busy (well works for me) Let us know the results aye?

Last edited by hb-mod; 04-04-2010 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Removed Quote of immediately preceding post. Please use "Quick" Reply rather than "Quote" Reply. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2010, 06:27 PM   #3
(female)

Janaly HB User

I hope that your colonoscopy and ultrasound show some specifics
for you. A month does seem like a long ways off when anticipating
answers. Last year I had an ultrasound done of my bladder. Initially
though my ultrasound was scheduled 3 weeks out. With some real
persistance and luck at that time I got it moved up to one week out.

Janaly
Allergic to Shellfish
*all are being treated*
but not with perfect success.

Last edited by hb-mod; 04-04-2010 at 05:11 AM. Reason: Removed Quote. Please use "Quick" Reply rather than "Quote" Reply. Thanks!

Old 04-04-2010, 04:09 AM   #4
(female)

melissa1873 HB User

Thanks guys. I guess it is kinda hard to really speculate what it might be. The doctor mentioned the possibility of a thrombosed internal hemmoroid but said that it was on the anterior wall between my vagina and rectum so it could be a girly problem or a rectal issue. I am researched out...so I am going to forget about this for a month. Nothing I can really do until then. Ugh...Thanks for responding...

Old 04-05-2010, 06:52 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

auntjudyg HB User

I agree with keeping busy. Being the daughter of a worrywart, it took me many years to realize that worrying does not help one bit.

I would venture to guess, though, that, if your doctor suspected that something really serious was going on, he would have made sure you got a colonoscopy sooner.

Closed Thread