It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Rectal & Anal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2010, 12:59 PM   #1
(male)

sombodyelse HB User
Question Rectal Pain - VERY worried

Hi,

I apologize if I am in the wrong section.

I am extremely worried, I shall start at the beginning.

I sit alot at my PC, I was on an uncomfortable chair for a few months and was constantly clenching/adjusting myself on it, (I think I was also clenching the muscles INSIDE my anus/bum/rectum or whatever the muscles are when your trying to hold in a poo - as well as my bum cheeks) I started to get soreness when I was sitting for any length, I THOUGHT the sorness was my tailbone or there abouts due to the way I was sitting (pelvis pushed rofward like I was trying to keep by testicales off the seat) and constantly wriggling about, anyway, over the next few weeks/months things got worse, but it was ONLY noticable when I was sitting, then about a week or 2 ago, I started getting a little discomfort in the night, while I was sleeping, or trying to, specially when lying on my side, it woke me up a few times over the space of a few days, so, I decided, right, im gonna stay OFF my PC/seat for a day or 2 and see if things improve, when I did this, there was ZERO improvement, if anything a bit worse, it is not a sore tailbone, it feels bruised actually INSIDE (Up my bum, deep) very sore, and tender, I am finding it as hard to explain to the doctor as I am here.

I have had doctor do an anal exam only with a finger, and it felt reasonably painless, it feels DEEPER than the length of the finger, few more inches in I THINK, I apologize for this essey but I want to try and be as accurate as I can, could be described as behind my tailbone, basically deep UP my bum, sorry I cannot be more accurate but even I am finding it hard to pinpoint.

the pain is easier to describe though, it feels sore and very tender almost bruised, if I am lying on my side it can get very sore, which is whats waking me up in the night.

I have some tests coming up and today have had some blood tests and gave some urine samples, and should get the results next week, I had to push for this the first doc I saw said it sounds muscular (so why no improvement after resting my bum for a few days) but I know how bad I am at describing so I went back and explained harder and pushed for a check lower GI check

I have little/no abdominal pain, and I am unable to find blood in a stool, it is just this rectal soreness but it is NOT getting any better, I do still sit at my PC but I have cut it down to about 20-25% of what I used to, but still NO better.

I have been unable to sleep much and am VERY stressed about this, so SOME bowel changes are to be expected, going 2-3 times a day, instead of my normal 1-2 + some minor abdominal discomfort, I think which is possibly just due to some excess gas being produced by the extra acid due to the insane stress levels I am feeling these last 4 days? the discomfort in my abdomen is mild.

I have never really paid much attention to my stools in the past but my mother is a nurse and she seems to think they are OK, not good, but not bad, probably a bit loose due to the stress/anxiety from 24/7 worrying.

I quite frankly am very concerned though,

I would REALLY appreciate some feedback as I have read with rectal cancer u get pain sitting.

Before I stopped sitting and realised it was not just a sore tailbone, I had no other symptoms that I noticed, I was feeling good within myself, working out at the gym, without issue, the worrying started, and started HARD, when I stopped sitting for a few days and yet it made zero difference and it dawned on me it may be nothing at all to do with sitting, I just assumed.

I am still waking up in the night with a VERY sore .. SOMETHING, its specially bad when lying on my side and, I dno, the weight of my bum cheeks? is pushing together? I dno, its so hard to figure.

during my anal exam no anal fissure or internal hemeroids were found but I dont know how accurate wiggling ur finger around in sombodies anus is, but as I said, sorness is deeper anyway, I also have this kinda weird sensation that somthing is UP my bum.
I was just lying on my back, and I am getting some really weird sensations up there.. almost like something is crawling around inside my rectum.

Thanks you & and many apologies again for this essey.

Last edited by mod85; 03-08-2012 at 12:56 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2010, 10:33 AM   #2
(female)

shipscook1 HB User
Re: Rectal Pain - VERY worried

am hoping your lower GI series is with a colon/rectal doctor.

take care,
Nan

Old 03-08-2012, 04:03 AM   #3
(female)

gordonsflower HB User

Hi,
This sounds all too familiar... intense anal pain, feeling of something crawling around up there biting chunks out it my back passage, no bleeding. Did you ever discover the cause?

Old 04-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #4
(male)

Scottishandrew HB User

Hi, did you ever find out what this was. I have all of your symptoms and also a pain in my ride side and lower abdomen. Thanks

Closed Thread