It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Rectal & Anal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2010, 06:33 AM   #1
(male)

sombodyelse HB User
Thumbs down Yellow Mucus Discharge, Please Help!

Hi,

SORRY if I am in the wrong section.

I have been getting pain when sitting for a few weeks now, I stopped sitting to see if it got any better but it has not really, when I sit for more than a few minutes I get a real sore/tenderness, like a bruised feeling, up my rectum, not anus, I had an anal exam and it feels deeper inside than that.

it is sore when I lie on my side, like when my bum cheeks squash together and can keep me awake at night trying to find the most comfortable position.

Today, I thought I needed to go to the toilet but I passed just a bit of gas and a little yellow mucus was on the toilet paper, and a little in the pan.

I am very worried, any ideas?

Old 05-29-2010, 08:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User
Re: Yellow Mucus Discharge, Please Help!

what other issues do you have going on...do you have diarrhea or are you constipated? HOw many times a day are you going?

What doctor did a check...an anorectal surgeon or a GI?

q

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-29-2010, 09:03 AM   #3
(male)

sombodyelse HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincy View Post
what other issues do you have going on...do you have diarrhea or are you constipated? HOw many times a day are you going?

What doctor did a check...an anorectal surgeon or a GI?

q
Thanks very much for the reply its really appreciated,

I am going 2-3 times a day, instead of my normal 1-2 but I have been hammering in allot of fiber (weetabix and wholegrain oats) and am drinking plenty of water, + I am VERY nervous 70% of the time, which I know can increase need to have a bowel movement?

I had a check with just a GP, who used just a finger to wiggle about in my bum and she said it seemed normal.

however as I said it feels allot deeper than a finger.

I am unsure about constipated, I seem to be going everyday, at least twice, although getting some variation, yesterday was quite loose and flowed, today took me a bit longer and was quite firm, and darker and I have only been ONCE today, the second time was, I thought i needed to go, but passed just some gas and some clear/yellowISH jelly type stuff.

I have a sensation in my rectum, that I need to poo something out.

Last edited by sombodyelse; 05-29-2010 at 09:36 AM.

Old 05-29-2010, 04:16 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

quincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB Userquincy HB User

Yeah, the finger wiggle...lol..my GP did that painful maneuver when my rectum was totally inflamed and bleeding and said "probably just hemmies", although I didn't know hemmies could cause 15 times a day explosive bloody diarrhea. So, in her infinite wisdom, she sent me for a barium enema x-ray.

Humiliating and excrutiating painful (which the girl administrating the stuff into my butt was quite surprised...)..I offered to trade places so she could have the same experience..haha.

Nothing showed on the barium enema....weird...nice it wasn't cancer...again, she said..probably is hemmies, but I'll send you to a GI...NO, really??? So, I have ulcerative colitis limited to rectum/sigmoid. That was 21 years ago.

My point...hard to know unless you see a GI...don't let the finger wiggle say it's nothing because lots of stuff happens in that area. The fact that you're going more often, although could be because of the fibre, but it could also be because of rectal inflammation. The urge to go would be continual from that.

I get the stress thing, but it doesn't sound like it to me if you're having the sensations of needing to empty.

Were you recently sick with any diarrhea or something like that maybe a few weeks ago?

The jelly type stuff is probably mucus from whatever area is having the most activity.

Food intake can change consistency and activity of the digestive tract...is the increase of fibre just recent? or are you adding more recently.

Just an off-question....are you consuming much/any artificial sweeteners? They can irritate the colon and cause some discomfort...but not necessarily in the rectum. It could be more than one thing going on.

I would definitely you request a referral to a Gastroenterologist to take a look as to what's going on. He will probably also have you do stool samples to make sure you have no invaders or infection as well to check for occult blood in the stool.

Oh, did you recently stop smoking?

in the meantime to offer some relief, you might be able to try over the ocunter suppositories such as anusol or normal hydrocortisone suppositories if they're available.

Have you taken a look yourself (yes, squatting over a mirror) to see if there are any inflammations such as external hemmies, bumps, etc? or any inflamed areas? I have a friend who complained about a pimple that leaked on her butt cheek, I was horrified that the anorectal doc she saw didn't see the FISTULA opening..oh my!

Anyway, I get external hemmies and the pain is quite bad...and it radiates down into my leg and upward to my tailbone. All depends on what nerves are around it I guess.

I hope this helps...lots of questions..sorry ;-)

Nothing simple about having a pain in the butt...

q

Old 05-29-2010, 11:49 PM   #5
(male)

sombodyelse HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincy View Post

Were you recently sick with any diarrhea or something like that maybe a few weeks ago?

is the increase of fibre just recent?

Just an off-question....are you consuming much/any artificial sweeteners?

Oh, did you recently stop smoking?

Have you taken a look yourself (yes, squatting over a mirror) to see if there are any inflammations such as external hemmies, bumps, etc? or any inflamed areas?

q
Thanks so much for your reply,

might have noticed a LITTLE diarrhea on n off past few weeks.

incease in fibre has been recent, last few days I been hammering it in.

sweetners, I am not sure, up until recently I had allot of protein shakes < edited >

I do not smoke, and I have not drank alcohol at all since xmas, and even xmas I did not drink much, perhaps 1 too many glasses of red wine on xmas day though.

Last edited by hb-mod; 05-30-2010 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Please don't post disallowed websites, per Posting Policy. Thanks!

Old 05-30-2010, 08:41 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

So, what are you eating otherwise for actual food? and other liquids?

q

Old 06-26-2010, 12:20 AM   #7
(male)

sombodyelse HB User

Hi, thanks for the replies by the way.

OK, There seems to be less noticable yellow mucus now, if there is any, its not easy to see, either on the toilet paper, or in the toilet, and all my stools seemed pretty well formed, and not narrow at all.

so far, I have had 2 docters do a gloved finger exam, I have had blood tests which were OK, I had a barium enema which was ok, and I am unable to see any OBVIOUS blood in the stool (although I worry that it is hidden)

My symptoms at the moment are mild abdominal discomfort/bloating, and I normaly go to the toilet, shortly after I wake up, maybe, 15 - 45 minutes ISH

My concern is, I seem to have random breaks in this routine, like yesterday, I dont think I went at all, and today, I have been 3 times alrdy, I admit I did eat quite allot yesterday, more than normal, including quite a large sticky chocolate pudding thing, but surely a bit of a calorie increase and some chocolate cannot cause me to wake in the night with abdominal bloating/discomfort (although mild) and then 3 trips to the toilet (1 at 5AM, 1 at 7AM ish, and another at 8AM) all decent movements and I am feeling like I may go again at some point to be honest.

I am really worried I have something serious.

Last edited by sombodyelse; 06-26-2010 at 12:22 AM.

Old 12-16-2010, 09:55 PM   #8
(female)

chandelle HB User

Hi sombodyelse

Was wondering if you ever found out what was going on with your bowels. I am experiencing the same feeling in my rectum- like something is in there that I need to get out. Also a pressure and burning feeling on occasion too. It is REALLY uncomfortable to sit down.

I have also been having the yellow anal dicharge for about a month. It started a couple of months ago- and was clear. Now it's a murky mustard yellow and seems to appear everytime I have a bowel movement or when I wipe.

I've also developed a serious sensitivity to spicy food over the last year or so and suffer from constipation, diarrhea and also hemorrhoids.

I don't drink or smoke, my diet could be better (too much meat & carbs) and I exercise very regularly. I'm not on medication- but have some horrible reactions to some in the past that have stuck around.

I actually have a family history of colon cancer (a relative who is only 28), so I'm hoping that its nothing too serious.

I've been referred to a gastroenterologist- but cannot get into to see them for another 2 months!!!!

If you have found any answers or relief for your symptoms, please let me know!!!

Cheers!

Chandelle

Old 06-20-2011, 05:21 PM   #9
(male)

IdidntDOit HB User

I have the problem you have and found the fix.

First the problem is Candida Yeast build up in your digestive system.The only way I got it out of my body was to drink colloidal silver and cut out all sugars.Sugar is our enemy.I had to change my diet up a lot and its been a blessing to my entire well being.

I bought a machine to make my own Colloidal Silver which was around $400.00 which is not expensive at all if you look at the cost of buying the silver retail.

First thing I noticed was my skin on my arms cleared up very very fast.My stomach stopped with the irritable feelings,the noise it makes and feelings of hunger,burning went away.No more mucus,no more blood and my movements are painless and nice now,if they can be called nice...lol...This took about 2 weeks to a month to all come together from the time I started drinking the silver and cut out all sugars.

I started sleeping so much better and my mind seems so clear now.Not foggy,groggy slow feeling any longer.

There is no way I will ever go back to eating the garbage from typical stores.I shop only at Whole Foods and by organic.Did I tell you that in the first week I lost 12 pounds and my belly is now flat where as before when I had all the issues it was round and distended?The yeast build up causes our stomach to distend.

I hope all who are suffering will try this out.I hope that this blesses your life as it has mine.

Old 06-20-2011, 05:37 PM   #10
(female)

chandelle HB User

Wow I had forgotten about this post!

I ended up seeing the gastroenterologist in Jan 2011 who performed a endoscopy and colonoscopy. She found 3 hyperplastic polyps and said other than that, it all looked good. She suspected irritable bowel syndrome. I mentioned a rectal prolapse but she said there was no indication of that when she performed the colonoscopy.

Following this, my symptoms persisted and I ended up self-diagnosing a rectal prolapse the day after a particularly spicy dinner. I took a photo (gross, I know!) and took it back to my gastro dr and she confirmed a mild rectal prolapse.

At the moment, I don't need surgery but am seeing a bowel & bladder physiotherapist once a month. She believes it can be 'managed'. I feel it is getting worse. But I am ever so grateful that it's not cancer or anything really serious.

What is REALLY helping me is an increase in fluid- 2L of water a day, increase in soluble fibre in my diet to avoid constipation, and obviously more good fruit & veg. The past couple of weeks I've been pretty bad with the diet & let me tell you, it hasn't been the nicest.

Anyway, thought I would get back to this post as not enough people return and let us know what they find.

Take care everyone!

Chandelle

Closed Thread