It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Rectal & Anal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2010, 05:39 PM   #1
(female)

abc321 HB User
Hi, story/answers/advice welcomed!

Deleting this topic...

Last edited by abc321; 10-14-2010 at 09:24 AM.

Old 10-07-2010, 05:56 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Hi, story/answers/advice welcomed!

Hi there! A blood clot time is in order in my opinion, in addition to your other plans. they might call it a PT time and a PTT.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-07-2010, 06:01 PM   #3
(female)

abc321 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjb View Post
Hi there! A blood clot time is in order in my opinion, in addition to your other plans. they might call it a PT time and a PTT.
Actually in the test where they did a CBC he also did a PT, PTT, and INR, liver function tests, full STD screening (I knew that would be negative but I just wanted to make sure, =D), thyroid-- all came out negative/ WNL. I can't recall what other tests but all the negatives have made me feel as if I am a hypochondriac or something. Thanks for the advice! =)

Old 10-07-2010, 06:07 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi in my opinion blood is not a hypochondriasis, nor a bruise that lasts 2 months.

I think some pharmacies may carry occult blood tests you can do for yourself but I don't know if the results would still show up sufficiently if you had to delay showing it to the doctor. If it had been mine I think I would have done the occult blood when there was plenty to be seen, for positive evidence.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:15 PM   #5
(female)

abc321 HB User

Quote:
Hi in my opinion blood is not a hypochondriasis, nor a bruise that lasts 2 months.

I think some pharmacies may carry occult blood tests you can do for yourself but I don't know if the results would still show up sufficiently if you had to delay showing it to the doctor. If it had been mine I think I would have done the occult blood when there was plenty to be seen, for positive evidence.
I was actually really shocked, I did not get a phone call at all about it and only found out the results a good month later. I thought that due to the fact that I had WIPED BLOOD OFF with toliet paper the night before that there would HAVE to be something... but perhaps I did the test inaccurately or something. I took the section off of several different portions of different parts of the bowel movement.

I also did get a fasting blood glucose done because of the bruising and because I am at an increased risk of diabetes due to morbid obesity and family history but I am actually in the low portion, borderline hypoglycemic- it was 70 I believe but I have been in the 60s before if I was unable to eat.

The bruise still concerns me. I have also noticed an increase in what looks like petechiae (bright red tiny pin pr.i.ck splotches) throughout my upper body and arms. I found a nice clump of it behind my arm just two days ago.

I keep having a feeling that something is not quite right. Only one MD actually offered to preform the digital and visual rectal exam for hemorroids and possible anal fissure but I was short and time and declined to wait til a more convient time. She was also the one person that did warn of the more serious disease processes that could be linked to rectal bleeding.

I had planned to post-pone it longer however I spoke to my Aunt about my Grandmother and she said all they had was bright red bleeding. She was diagnoised and went into surgery very rapidly.

Last edited by abc321; 10-07-2010 at 06:20 PM.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A12 View Post
I was actually really shocked, I did not get a phone call at all about it and only found out the results a good month later. I thought that due to the fact that I had WIPED BLOOD OFF with toliet paper the night before that there would HAVE to be something... but perhaps I did the test inaccurately or something. I took the section off of several different portions of different parts of the bowel movement.

Perhaps I misunderstood you

I also did get a fasting blood glucose done because of the bruising and because I am at an increased risk of diabetes due to morbid obesity and family history but I am actually in the low portion, borderline hypoglycemic- it

Hypoglycemia can somtimes turn into Diabetes I would keep a watch on it.

The bruise still concerns me. I have also noticed an increase in what looks like petechiae (bright red tiny pin pr.i.ck splotches) throughout my upper body and arms.

I have had some for years and the dr could not tell me what caused it and they are still there

I found a nice clump of it behind my arm just two days ago.

I keep having a feeling that something is not quite right. Only one MD actually offered to preform the digital and visual rectal exam for hemorroids and possible anal fissure but I was short and time and declined to wait til a more convient time. She was also the one person that did warn of the more serious disease processes that could be linked to rectal bleeding.

I had planned to post-pone it longer however I spoke to my Aunt about my Grandmother and she said all they had was bright red bleeding. She was diagnoised and went into surgery very rapidly.

A relative of mine had to do the same thing I think people should probably not postpone when there is blood

Last edited by sjb; 10-07-2010 at 06:52 PM. Reason: color addition

Old 10-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #7
(female)

abc321 HB User

No, thank you very much for replying and giving me very thoughtful advice and suggestions. I will continue to monitor my blood glucose.

Old 10-08-2010, 09:39 AM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

:smile: you are welcome!

Old 10-09-2010, 06:57 AM   #9
(female)

abc321 HB User

Quote:
:smile: you are welcome!
So what is your story? Do you have/had/know someone with colon and/or rectal cancer? I'm not sure if that is going to come back out right, sorry if it doesn't, my wording is off sometimes. I just mean, can you share your story with me?

Old 10-12-2010, 08:34 AM   #10
Facilitator
(female)

HI there! My relatives on both sides of the family have had colon cancer and I am at high risk for it. Much of my personal history is listed in some of my past posts. One of the posts is post #3 by sjb inside of a thread by username jellebeans with a threadname of "endometreosis" (sic) and contains female info in it. Another post with part of my history is contained in a thread started by sxcdaniel post #2 by username sjb Threadname is "Re:Anal Fistular's and Seton stitch problems PLEASE HELP".

Old 10-13-2010, 03:29 PM   #11
(female)

abc321 HB User

Quote:
HI there! My relatives on both sides of the family have had colon cancer and I am at high risk for it. Much of my personal history is listed in some of my past posts. One of the posts is post #3 by sjb inside of a thread by username jellebeans with a threadname of "endometreosis" (sic) and contains female info in it. Another post with part of my history is contained in a thread started by sxcdaniel post #2 by username sjb Threadname is "Re:Anal Fistular's and Seton stitch problems PLEASE HELP".

I am sorry, I do hope they are well now. The only real threat I have with colon cancer was my grandmother but I am not very knowledgable about all of my family history. =,= Thank you again for responding. =)

Closed Thread