It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Rectal & Anal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2010, 07:54 PM   #1
(male)

patient202 HB Userpatient202 HB Userpatient202 HB Userpatient202 HB User
Radiation Ulceration

I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago asking about problems with bowel movements. I have been having problems with frequency and urgency, and eventually it has become very painful. There has been some bleeding. My reaction was hemorhoids. Using OTC remedies wasn't helping. I finally scheduled an appt. with a rectal/anal doctor. The nurse practitioner did the initial evaluation and said that yes, there were a couple of internal bleeders. Went in yesterday for a scheduled banding with the doctor. He took a look and told me to get dressed and we needed to talk. Oh, dread! He felt there might be a tumor from what he saw.

He scheduled biopsy surgery for that afternoon. Today I had an MRI. The results from both should be back Monday. I had a colonoscopy 10 weeks ago and came up clean. I had my follow up at the Datolli Center 2 months ago with a complete CT scan and all the works. Everything was A - OK. Is it likely to have developed a cancer in that period of time? Or am I looking at ulceration from all the radiation -proctitis. I am hoping for the latter, the lesser of the 2 evils. Has anyone been down this road. If it is the latter what is the treatment? Very concerned>

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread