It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Rectal & Anal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2010, 04:41 PM   #1
(male)

Hydrargyrum HB User
Rectal Bleeding

Hey, I'm 23 and I've been having a problem with rectal bleeding for a while now. I got a colonoscopy about 9 months ago and they didn't find anything at all. I'm still bleeding all the time and no one knows what it is. Could I have developed cancer in the 9 months since then and should I get another colonoscopy since they can't find anything?

Old 10-17-2010, 05:25 PM   #2
(female)

Misssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB User
Re: Rectal Bleeding

My X had rectal bleeding that was really scary...bright red blood that looked like it filled the toilet...he had this for years before I could convince him to get it checked out. He kept saying it was cancer and he didn't want to know. I kept telling him if it WAS cancer, it would be better to find out early. Finally, after about 5 years of on and off rectal bleeding, he went for a colonoscopy....he had non-cancerous polyps that would flare up and cause the bleeding (seriously, It looked like he was going to die when i saw the toilet I would gasp). Your young...you just had a colonoscopy for the same concern and they didn't find anything. They usually suggest to come back in 2 years if you have problems like yours. But, this seems to be troubling you...so i think that you should follow up with a Dr. to ease your stress. And since you had a check within a year...IF and a BIG IF..they found anything..its early...and EARLY is KEY to recovery.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2010, 06:07 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: Rectal Bleeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydrargyrum View Post
Hey, I'm 23 and I've been having a problem with rectal bleeding for a while now.

Have you done an occult blood test to show the doctor? How much blood is there? Is it on your tissue or in the bm or in the water? or all of these? I am sorry to be so graphic. Have they done a recent blood test to see if your rbc's are low?

I got a colonoscopy about 9 months ago and they didn't find anything at all. I'm still bleeding all the time and no one knows what it is. Could I have developed cancer in the 9 months since then and should I get another colonoscopy since they can't find anything?

Closed Thread