It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Rectal & Anal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2010, 01:39 PM   #1
(female)

katiej714 HB User
Does This Sound Like A Hemorrhoid To You?

I'm a 27 yr old female who is slightly overweight. I have to admit that my diet hasn't been the best but I've been dieting for the past week and started losing some weight. I'm healthy aside from the weight issue (I'm about 25 pounds over my health BMI rate).

About 2 weeks ago I started feeling an irritation right inside my anus. It felt like a tiny piece of glass was cutting me when I moved. Again, its always right on the inside near the anal opening. I have had issues with constipation my entire life (even as a small child). In past years I have seen a tiny amount of blood on the TP after going to the bathroom.

This irritation came out of nowhere. I haven't been constipated recently and there is no blood on the TP. I tried to look with a mirror but I don't see anything that looks abnormal. I've been using Preparation H for a week and have gotten SOME relief but it comes and goes. It seem like its worse right before I have to go to the bathroom and then it starts feeling slightly better after I go. However, when I don't feel the glass like cutting I will feel like there is something right inside the anus opening. Its just enough to feel irritating to me like something needs to come out. What in the world could this be? It is very annoying and I dread the idea of going to a doctor for it but I would if it doesnít' go away soon. Does this sound like an inner hemorrhoid? It doesn't itch and there is no blood. Also, I've been soaking in the bath for 10 min's at a time in addition to my daily showers. I read this would help but I can't tell much difference. Any advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2010, 12:24 PM   #2
(female)

katiej714 HB User
Re: Does This Sound Like A Hemorrhoid To You?

Does anyone know what this could be?

Old 10-29-2010, 10:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Hi Katie, I'm not exactly sure what you have going on but I will say I have the same thing. Ihave had a little tear or something in the anus that seems to get reopened every couple ofmonths. I get blood on the TP or drops in the toilet. I've had it checked and the doc seems to think its a little hemm or something. I don't know. I still get scared because of farrah fawcett dying from anal cancer. I just found out from a college class that people can get the hpv virus anally. I am not sure how a person gets screened for it. Is yours any better? Let me know how you are.

Old 11-05-2010, 12:28 PM   #4
(female)

katiej714 HB User

Thanks so much for responding. Mine will improve slightly for about a day or two and then it comes right back. I noticed that after going to the restroom it seems to flare back up and feel like there is something right inside. It is very bothersome and annoying. I have just been using prep H and trying to deal with it but I can't go on forever like this. Do you find that yours is worse at certain times?

Old 11-05-2010, 08:24 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Brocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB UserBrocallie HB User

Sounds more like a fissure.

Old 11-05-2010, 08:30 PM   #6
(female)

katiej714 HB User

Do fissures heal on their own? What is the difference between a fissure and an internal hemorrhoid? I'm going on a month with this and have seen little to no real improvement. I'm certain it is from my years of constipation issues which seems to run in my family. Thanks for any info you can give me about this.

Closed Thread