It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Rectal & Anal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2011, 08:22 AM   #1
(male)

Mike321 HB User
Recent Research shows - Oral Sex Causes CANCER???

I am in sickened disbelief. Go ahead -- Google it. Put in "oral sex causes cancer" or some such thing. You'll find a whole SLEW of information. YES --- recent research -- and these are VALID news resources -- is now showing that (ESPECIALLY FOR MEN PERFORMING ON WOMEN) -- you can get mouth/throat/whatever cancer from doing ORAL SEX.

So... I thought I was being SAFE all these years, because oral was always said to be "low risk" for AIDS. But apparently, I've put myself at SUPER high risk of getting cancer. It's like saying to a person who has indulged in PIZZA his entire life--- "it was just found that EATING PIZZA causes cancer of the throat." I guess I'm dead in the water -- DEAD. I am 45 years old, and now just wondering when this is going to hit me.

And worse yet --- I cannot do that thing that I enjoy anymore. Wow, it seems that EVERYTHING we enjoy is being pulled away from us -- everything is lethal. Have you noticed that??

Has anyone else heard about this? What are your thoughts? UNBELIEVABLE.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:23 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Recent Research shows - Oral Sex Causes CANCER???

yes i've heard of it......something to do with HPV and throat cancer

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2011, 08:48 AM   #3
(male)

Mike321 HB User

For me to dodge this bullet --- it would be like somebody casually swimming and bathing in an alligator-infested pond every day for like 20 years.. and NEVER getting bitten. ...still in disbelief.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:49 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

esker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB Useresker HB User

Oral sex by itself does not cause cancer.

The rate of oral cancer among adults in the United States is less than 11 per 100,000.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:50 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

ok Mike - we get it, you've had plenty of oral sex.....
no need to get dramatic....
have you ever had an HPV test?
I'd start there......if you don't have HPV, there's nothing to worry about.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:27 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

chocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB User

It makes sense to me that it would cause cancer if a person goes from one the next and keeps messing and sleeping around with other people.

But just a healthy married couple. I think not!
Cancer would not be caused by two healthy people, that's lunacy!

I believe cancer would be caused first by licking/eating lotions and chemical-filled things over a person.

You can't get cancer from a normal healthy person unless there is already some type of cancer causing substance on the person.

What next? Cancer causing handshakes? ugh

I don't believe the majority of "experts" crap.

Last edited by chocolate29; 01-14-2011 at 10:29 AM.

Old 01-14-2011, 04:59 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Mike relax! Oral sex in and of itself does not cause cancer.

Research is showing a relationship between HPV and throat cancer. HPV is transmitted by oral activity.

The medical community has known for years about the relationship between HPV and cervical cancer and they're finally studying a correlation between HPV and oral and anal cancer.

So if you've had a lot of sex partners, chances are you have been exposed to at least one of the many many strains of HPV.

With the vast majority of people nothing happens. For a very unlucky few though, the virus hits them a little harder. Best thing to do: take care of your immune system. And don't smoke. The correlation between smoking and throat cancer is much higher (I'm figuring in a few years they'll link all 3 together - that smoking weakens the immune system, has direct contact with the throat, and leaves anyone with HPV at higher risk).

So where does that leave you? If you're in a monogamous relationship with your partner, there is no reason to stop with the oral. You've already exchanged any HPV you're going to, and there's absolutely no risk in continuing the practice.

If, on the other hand, you prefer to practice promiscuity, ever heard of dental dams?

Old 01-14-2011, 05:58 PM   #8
(male)

Mike321 HB User

I would love to find and keep ONE woman in my life, like most people have, but for whatever reason, it simply never happens for me. I want a steady relationship.. I hate being single with a passion. So any "promiscuity" only happened because I couldn't find a compatible mate, grew extremely frustrated with being alone and with no physical touch, and I took what i could get. If i could change that tomorrow, I would, and I'm still trying. I don't know why its so hard to find one compatible mate and to make it stick. It is the bane of my existence.

Closed Thread