It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Rectal & Anal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2011, 05:34 AM   #1
(male)

thereverend2 HB User
Question Pencil Thin Stools.... Why?? Please Help

Ok,
It all started about 2 1/2 years ago when I started to have pains in my lower right side and rectal bleeding (BRIGHT RED)the pain was in almost the same spot as my apendetomy. I went to a clinic and was told that it was a HERNIA, to run to the hospital and get a CT and be operated on as soon as possible as it was strangulated. I did as i was told and went from the clinic to the ER at a nearby hospital. I was checked and was told that I did not have any hernias and that I would be fine. I asked to be checked again by the nurse as i was told there was a hernia. She also checked and same result. Nothing. So i was told it was a muscle pain that would go away on its own. So i went on vacation as planned the pain went away. It stayed away for about 5 months. The pain and bleeding came and went for a while. I got more concerned so i went to my doctor. He examined me said NO hernia but wanted to rule out the big C. so he sent me to the dreaded colonoscopy. I did that UNsedated and WOW i never felt such pain from the air they pumped into me. But that came back Normal or Negitive for anything. So i was like great!.. Must just be a persistant muscle and some type of agrivated bowell or something. I did have E-Coli about 15 years ago and that made me Lactose intollerant so.. I figured maybe the milk products i keep consuming were agrivating my internals cheese, at that time i had RIBBON like movements not round but flat. Now it is winter and i am almost 100% domicile due to the winter i dont move around much. The pain NOT bleeding has returned and my stools are not pencilshaped or no forming not diareha just soft looking. I assume that if there was some type of obstruction the Colonoscopy would have seen that but what else could be causeing this pain and thin stools. The pain is in the LOWER RIGHT QUADRNANT right over my Apendectomy scar. Could the pain and movements not be related? It dont hurt when i have a movement. Also here is my history

Diabettic (Diet Controlled) Sugars on HIGHEST are 305 and i get shaky at 170 so thats when i eat.
250 LBS all in the stomic or most of it..
No history in my family of cancer
LOTS of stress
I eat a lot of fast food

Please help me here. I am confused,.

The following user gives a hug of support to thereverend2:
sjb (01-27-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2011, 09:04 AM   #2
(female)

marion samwell HB User
Re: Pencil Thin Stools.... Why?? Please Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by thereverend2 View Post
Ok,
It all started about 2 1/2 years ago when I started to have pains in my lower right side and rectal bleeding (BRIGHT RED)the pain was in almost the same spot as my apendetomy. I went to a clinic and was told that it was a HERNIA, to run to the hospital and get a CT and be operated on as soon as possible as it was strangulated. I did as i was told and went from the clinic to the ER at a nearby hospital. I was checked and was told that I did not have any hernias and that I would be fine. I asked to be checked again by the nurse as i was told there was a hernia. She also checked and same result. Nothing. So i was told it was a muscle pain that would go away on its own. So i went on vacation as planned the pain went away. It stayed away for about 5 months. The pain and bleeding came and went for a while. I got more concerned so i went to my doctor. He examined me said NO hernia but wanted to rule out the big C. so he sent me to the dreaded colonoscopy. I did that UNsedated and WOW i never felt such pain from the air they pumped into me. But that came back Normal or Negitive for anything. So i was like great!.. Must just be a persistant muscle and some type of agrivated bowell or something. I did have E-Coli about 15 years ago and that made me Lactose intollerant so.. I figured maybe the milk products i keep consuming were agrivating my internals cheese, at that time i had RIBBON like movements not round but flat. Now it is winter and i am almost 100% domicile due to the winter i dont move around much. The pain NOT bleeding has returned and my stools are not pencilshaped or no forming not diareha just soft looking. I assume that if there was some type of obstruction the Colonoscopy would have seen that but what else could be causeing this pain and thin stools. The pain is in the LOWER RIGHT QUADRNANT right over my Apendectomy scar. Could the pain and movements not be related? It dont hurt when i have a movement. Also here is my history

Diabettic (Diet Controlled) Sugars on HIGHEST are 305 and i get shaky at 170 so thats when i eat.
250 LBS all in the stomic or most of it..
No history in my family of cancer
LOTS of stress
I eat a lot of fast food

Please help me here. I am confused,.
hi i was reading yor post - do u av piles? coz if its not in yor poo, piles bleed and there caused by constipation and straining and can b painful. IBS is stress related and gives pain. You also av 2 becareful with what u eat as this can trigger it off. Eat health. fast foods r no good 4 the bowels. A healthy diet and fluids r the best. I had the sigmoid test done with no sedation. How on earth did u survive that! take care

Old 01-20-2011, 10:44 AM   #3
(male)

thereverend2 HB User

It was VERY VERY painful!... Something i will NEVER do again.. I can't have the sedation due to being alergic to almost everything. So.. i had to go the natural way.. Never again will i do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marion samwell View Post
hi i was reading yor post - do u av piles? coz if its not in yor poo, piles bleed and there caused by constipation and straining and can b painful. IBS is stress related and gives pain. You also av 2 becareful with what u eat as this can trigger it off. Eat health. fast foods r no good 4 the bowels. A healthy diet and fluids r the best. I had the sigmoid test done with no sedation. How on earth did u survive that! take care

Old 01-20-2011, 10:52 AM   #4
(female)

marion samwell HB User

UNDERSTANDABLE!!!!!! If and fingers crossed u wont need to, ask if you can av the sigmoid test. Its the same type of thing BUT it dont go as far up the colon as the other and it takes about 8mins and thats nothing compared to what you went through. just keep it in mind all the best

Old 01-20-2011, 11:33 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi what is the height? I suggest leaving off fast foods unless the fast foods are things that are healthy such as some raw, and some cooked fruits, grains, vegetables and whole grains. I would try leaving off refined foods pastries and sweets. I do wonder about scar tissue. Were they able to take the colonoscope all the way over to the right side where the appendix was to get a good visualization there. One person had one and they only went to the top of the descending colon before having to stop. Have any GI tests been done for the small bowel?

Last edited by sjb; 01-27-2011 at 07:16 AM.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:55 AM   #6
(female)

marion samwell HB User

Im lost want do u mean by height? I dont know exactly how far it goes up, but google the ab area and u should get a picture up of that area of the body. Also google the test and that will tell you how far the camera goes up. Read your medical notes or ask gp how far it went into the colon with you. Unless you stopped it it went as far as it should. I would of screamed at them 2 stop!!! My mates daughter had a op and the scar tissue rubs- i think -on the bowel and she gets in severe pain with it.thats all i know about that. That other person probably stopped the test or the surgeon did via the pain she was in- if any

Old 01-20-2011, 03:05 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi the question is for the first poster's height from head to toe not the colon I am sorry if there is a misunderstanding. :smile:

Old 01-27-2011, 06:45 AM   #8
(female)

recordsclerk HB User

I was having pencil like stools and had a barium enema that looked good. I also had a horrible low left backache that just would not go away no matter what I did. After seeing a colon rectal surgeon and having a defectograpy done I had rectolele surgery 2 weeks ago. My rectocele was the size of 2 eggs and it would have to fill up before I could empty my bowels, it always felt like I had to go. The backache is totally gone as well as the pencil stools. I would suggest you check this out you might be having the same problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to recordsclerk For This Useful Post:
sjb (01-27-2011)
Old 01-27-2011, 07:21 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)

Hi In my opinion a person should not hold the bowels if at all possible and to go to the bathroom as soon as there is an urge if at all possible excusing himself to go. If the bowels are held this would cause the bowel to have to expand a bit too much in the area just before the anal muscles. Another thing a person could try is to make sure the meals are at the same time every day so the bowel habits will be the same every day in my opinion. The sleeping and rising times should be the same every day in my opinion. If a person is a vegetarian it makes it less likely that the bowels will become too constipated and give a problem. Have a nice day!

Closed Thread