It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Rectal & Anal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2011, 03:59 PM   #1
(male)

roycedafive9 HB User
Anal cancer symptom question

Greetings.

I am male, 34 yrs old, realitivly in good shape.

I have had several months of anal itching. It mostly seems to really act up after a bowl movement and then is kind of problem matic throughout the day. Sometimes there may be an itch regardless, but less often and very mild if that. The itching seemed to have started when I had taken Cipro a coupld of months ago. My issues w/ consistant anal itching. I believe this really started when I took a Cipro several months ago. The itching seemingly has been off and on through the last few months, but more consistant recenlty.

Along with this I have some dull aches by the rectum area. I cannot really tell if the pains are related to the rectum or not. But it feels close. I went to see a GP and she looked w/ a light and did a finger exam and felt nothing and I felt no pain (except it being a lil uncomfortable). She stated to me my diet likely may be the cause the itch, this was a few days ago when I had visited her. She recommned prep H, when I have been using and it seems to not be working so well. She stated she had seen or felt nothing, and it does not seem to be hemroids.

Today I had this massive pressure/pain in my rectum. I've had such pains in the past when sick or dealing with gas problems, but never had the onset of such pain w/o having other stomach symptoms. I popped some Ibproven, the pain subsided on its on (I belive far too fast for the ibproven to be doing it).

This of course has concerned me. Those of you who have had such cancer or experince w/ testing for it, would you consider this a reason to perhaps go back or get a second opinion?

Thanks,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User
Re: Anal cancer symptom question

Everything you describe seems to point to internal hemmorhoids, but if you're concerned about cancer then by all means follow up with your doctor.

Good luck!

Last edited by Kali333; 03-06-2011 at 05:53 PM.

Old 03-16-2011, 03:26 PM   #3
(female)

debbie728 HB User

I urge you to get a second opinion as soon as possible.I had the same symtoms and my Dr. sent me to a colorectal surgeon, he did a biopsy and I have stage 2 anal cancer.I am in my first week of chemo and radiation right now.It is much better to be safe than sorry,that way if needed you can start treatment right away.Good luck.

Last edited by debbie728; 03-16-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Old 03-16-2011, 04:01 PM   #4
(male)

roycedafive9 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie728 View Post
I urge you to get a second opinion as soon as possible.I had the same symtoms and my Dr. sent me to a colorectal surgeon, he did a biopsy and I have stage 2 anal cancer.I am in my first week of chemo and radiation right now.It is much better to be safe than sorry,that way if needed you can start treatment right away.Good luck.
Thanks for your replies. Debbie, so did he find a tumor? And how was this found, did they use a scope of any kind or feel for tummors? I visited a surgeon today, he did a digital rectal exam and felt nothing. They tested for blood and found nothing and they are having me a do a Hemoccult test. I understand these procuders do not necessarily rule things entirely out, but, they wanted me to try some things at home to see if the itching clears up, if it doesnt, then a colonoscpy would be likely.

Did your itching persist the entire time, or was it off and on? Did you notice any weight loss? Any bleeding that you could see? Hope you dont mind me asking!

Thanks again.

Last edited by roycedafive9; 03-16-2011 at 04:09 PM.

Old 03-17-2011, 07:11 PM   #5
(female)

debbie728 HB User

Yes the surgeon found the tumor when he was getting a biopsy during surgery.I do have the itching all the time and also a lot of pressure from the tumor,it is very painful.I did bleed quite a lot also.I also have had crohns disease for over 20 years so I put off going to my Dr. because I thought it was another weird crohns thing.I have lost a few pounds because I have no appetite anymore.

Last edited by debbie728; 03-17-2011 at 07:14 PM.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:16 PM   #6
(male)

roycedafive9 HB User

Thank you for your reply Debbie, and I sincerly wish you well and I will keep you in prayer. I feel somewhat comfortable with the surgeons exam and diagnosis, although, I certainly plan to monitor my symptoms until I see an improvement. He gave me some medicines and at home treatments to utilize and reduce the itching. He believes my issue was from the side effects of taking the Cirpo, which gave me runny stool for a couples of weeks and that is when the itching started. From there I used soaps and scrubbed down there and now it is very sensitve. I've decided to follow his recommendations exactly, and if I do not see some improvment in a week or two, then I will perhaps push for the next step. I am certainly cautious at this point, meaning, I am not dismissing my concern until my symtoms go away or if they persist, I have tests confirming I have no issues. Im certain that this could be other problems I dont know about, however, I cannot dwell on everything. I do not have Crohns in my family, but I know some that do and that always concerns me as far as cancer. I appreciate your sharing as someday this might help somebody else, maybe even people I know myself.

Aside from bleeding, did your stool habits change? And again, if you do not mind me asking, was the bleeding in the stool, or more like hemmroid bleeding?

Thank you so much for sharing.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:48 AM   #7
(female)

catlover11 HB User

I am female and started having this itching problem around your age. I'm 56 now. I had it off and on. My dr. thought it was my diet. She told me to start eating yogurt and cut out spicy foods. I didn't do that 100%. About 5 years ago I had a bad flare up and I was just sick and tired of it. I cut out all sugar, started eating a yogurt a day and from googling this condition ran across someone who had it and used a product called Balneol to clean that area. I have not had any problems since then. Balneol is great. You can get it at Walgreens or Walmart. After I use the bathroom I clean myself good with that and when I started using it I would glob some on before I went to bed because it is so soothing. I don't eat things like salsa anymore. And I wear only white cotten underwear and use bleach when I wash them. Hope this helps. (I do have internal hemorrhoids and I feel it had to do with the problem).

Closed Thread