It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Rectal & Anal Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2011, 04:32 PM   #1
(female)

jenshops HB User
how do they differentiate:cancer or hemorroids

I have suffered with Ulcerative Colitis for years. Just had my 2nd colonoscopy this past Oct. Unlike what I've read about UC: starts at the rectum and is usually worse then then gets better as it goes up, mine is the opposite: really bad in the transverse colon and very light towards the rectum. I have had hemorrhoids for yrs but they never caused pain or discomfort, i've had plenty of times that I've had bleeding. About 2mo ago I started with rectal pain. At first it was some itching,tickling and also severe burning stabbing pain. This would come on about 20min after a bm. After 1mo and some bouts of excruciating pain where i was hysterical crying, i finally got over my embarrassment and saw a dr. All he did was a digital exam, said hemorrhoids and gave me pain meds and cream. The pain is not as stabbing and burning any more, now it feels deeper and radiates towards the front, up the tail bone, and down the leg. I've had nights where I am up for hours out of my mind with pain and the pain meds don't always work. On top of this my uc seems to be so bad and I can't eat hardly anything, I've lost 20lbs and I am so weak I can barely function. I also have developed anemia over the past yr. Dr is says I need hemorrhoid banding but how do they know if its hem or cancer, the pain is only on the left side.

Closed Thread